Contribute
Register

Problem after updating to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toledo, I did like you suggested and Went to the page linked, ran through the steps, and posted my results with IOREG and screenshots in the Mountain Lion Desktop forum thread here:
No need to double post. Reply in your other post.

Just tried with the new version of multibeast 5.5.0 (ALC887 without dsdt, mobo GA-H61M-S2PV Rev 2.0 FD dual UEFI Bios) but I encounter the same problem. Audio is playing fine and all ports show up in sound preferences
Same problem? Your audio is working. Off topic.

Hey Toleda,

this post will be a bit off-topic, but I don't have 50 posts to send you PM, so I'll drop things here...

I was using my sh.script in combination with couple of previously patched xml.zlib files for patching original AppleHDA.kext and that method was worked pretty well until 10.8.5 update. Seems like that 10.8.5 breaks my method and that I need new binary patch or I miss something?

So which binary patch did you use for ALC889 in the latest 10.8.5 AppleHDA.kext?

I see that this latest patched AppleHDA.kext from MB pack haves a different structure, so I wonder, why did you switch your patch to layout1.xml this time? Is there any particularly reason for that?

Also with this latest AppleHDA.kext in my case except internal mic others line-in jacks (front mic and the other one rear blue Line-in jack) are not working.

Here is the situation from my machine…

Now, I'm a bit rusty in this matters so I'm not sure, but if those blue colored lines represents valid sound nodes per channel, than I can't see the way to enable front mic properly??? Seems like that, 9+35+24 and 9+35+25 combination which you using in platforms.xml is not an option in this case…

I was manage to enable 26 (line-in) previously, by using 36 + 7 nodes, but now this one doesn't work too…

I'm not sure where is the problem? In audio verb or perhaps in co-relation between platforms & layout files or in binary patch, so that the reason why I need your opinion here and perhaps few suggestions too…

Thanks

I see that this latest patched AppleHDA.kext from MB pack haves a different structure, so I wonder, why did you switch your patch to layout1.xml this time? Is there any particularly reason for that?
See Post #1, Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx
Specifics, download the customization guide in Post #1 above.

The MultiBeast/ALC889 is fully functional in 10.8.5, no need to build your own.

I've got audio..yes. But the audio kext is the reason I have a 6 minute start up including mouse and keyboard and a slow shot down cause if I delete the kext again everything is fine. Audio may be working but the kexts are slowing the computer..

Incredible. It is now working. Thanks dude. That means it would still work on the mavericks too:headbang:.

So for the rest:

- I've removed the kernel flags "npci=0x3000" from my chameleon.boot.plist. (If you still have problems with booting without that flag, try npci=0x2000. Mines boots without any of them.)
- I have the AudioID=1 in my DSDT.aml
- I've patched the vanilla 10.8.5 AppleHDA.kext with the files from toleda (audio_ALC889-master)
- standard clear kernel cache and voila

This way I have sound on the login screen. On the 10.8.4 I had only sound after login...
If anyone needs more info or any help please reply here.

It is now time for me to reinstall the 10.8.5 since I have used so many closed sourced programs, that I don't wan't to be online with this machine ;)...

Hello, I can´t remove Boot flag npci=0x3000 because I have got a graphic card Geforce 210 silent 1 Gb and the screen is freeze. How can I boot with this graphic card to work the audio RTL888s? I´m proved patch without DSDT and with DSDT Audio ID 1, 2 and 3 without results.

Thank you.

Hello, I can´t remove Boot flag npci=0x3000 because I have got a graphic card Geforce 210 silent 1 Gb and the screen is freeze.
npci=0x3000 + 10.8.5 = no audio.
Two choices:
1. npci=0x3000 + 10.8.4 = audio
2. Remove the reason you use npci=0x3000

npci=0x3000 + 10.8.5 = no audio.
Two choices:
1. npci=0x3000 + 10.8.4 = audio
2. Remove the reason you use npci=0x3000

The reason that I use npci=0x3000 is my graphic card Geforce 210, otherwise I can´t boot. I don´t Know how I can boot without npci=0x3000, I can prove with EFI string in com.apple.Boot.plist file.

Thank you very much.

I have found that 10.9 with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 in the kernel flags causes audio to go out. Remove that in your boot list and you should be able to have sound after rebooting.

Thanks! Great advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back