Contribute
Register

Problem after updating to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed the updated drivers through the newest release of MultiBeast and then restarted the system. Upon restart I re-added the "npci=0x3000" to see if that would work with the new audio drivers.

It did not. So it looks like "npci=0x3000" is a thing of the past.

Struggled with no audio after 10.8.5 update via the App Store. Finally today, fixed the audio.

1- Updated Multibeast to 5.5.0
2- Deleted VoodooHDA.kext from /S/L/Extensions
3- Deleted VoodooHDA.prefPane from /S/L/PreferencePanes
4- Copied and deleted HDAEnabler1.kext and AppleHDA.kext from /S/L/Extensions
5- Ran Multibeast with ALC892 checked under "without DSDT" (only thing checked).
6- Reboot and finally back to audio on the Realtek ALC892!!!

I never used the Voodoo universal drivers as I've had not much luck with them. I did try to install those yesterday and is probably why I had to delete those files.

I did not have "npci=0x3000" configured at all. My motherboard is a GA-P55A-UD3 F11 (version 2)

/S/L is shorthand for /System/Library.

I'm having problems as well. I had working audio on 10.8.4 with Abit IP35 Pro motherboard. Audio is ALC888. Upon update it stopped working. New multibeast audio kexts don't help.

Anyone care to help?

Removing npci=0x3000 fixed my audio on my Asus P8P67 Deluxe

This fixed my audio issue (887). However, in between installing with MB and rebooting, I repaired permissions, and audio worked upon restart. Just FYI.

If you or anyone else is interested, an experiment for those systems with the missing AppleHDA:
1. Finder/Move to Trash/S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext. Give the system a minute or two to rebuild cache.
2. Restart.
3. MultiBeast/audio
4. Restart
5. Reply with System Information/Software/Extensions/AppleHDA and IOReg.

This fixed my audio issue (887). However, in between installing with MB and rebooting, I repaired permissions, and audio worked upon restart. Just FYI.

I will try this and see what happens...

Just tried with the new version of multibeast 5.5.0 (ALC887 without dsdt, mobo GA-H61M-S2PV Rev 2.0 FD dual UEFI Bios) but I encounter the same problem. Audio is playing fine and all ports show up in sound preferences but start up is taking twice as long as it normally would and the first 4 minutes after start up my mouse and keyboard freeze up and are unusable. After 4 minutes everything appears to be fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back