Contribute
Register

Preparing a Lenovo 710s 7200U Samsung NVMe for OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0309.JPG Unfortunately, the installer still does not work. This is Disk Utility of the drive, after I abort the installer after waiting for a few minutes on 1 second remaining.

Read the guide (post #2): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

As per guide, the "one second remaining" takes much longer than 1 second...
How long do you think I should wait before I give up? Is 30 minutes enough? The USB is a new Samsung 3.0 32 GB with 100mb read, ~30 mb write.

I can wait an hour (or more) if you think that's what it takes, but I don't want to sit and just wait for nothing. I waited around 15 minutes or more when I tried the NVMeGeneric.kext

How long do you think I should wait before I give up? Is 30 minutes enough? The USB is a new Samsung 3.0 32 GB with 100mb read, ~30 mb write.

I can wait an hour (or more) if you think that's what it takes, but I don't want to sit and just wait for nothing.

15-20 minutes usually.
Note that you also forgot EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (most Skylake/Kaby Lake do not have working NVRAM).

15-20 minutes usually.
Note that you also forgot EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (most Skylake/Kaby Lake do not have working NVRAM).
Alright, will do.

Do I need this to install or can I put it under Drivers64 after the install?

Alright, will do.

Do I need this to install or can I put it under Drivers64 after the install?

You will need EmuVariable during the install.

Nevermind, I found it in Clover

Edit: The installer is loading twice as fast this time. Either because of the new driver, or because the Installer was left to wait for a while since I had to check on something before I could start the process.

Last edited:
After around 20 minutes the installer finished, the computer rebooted and I am now in the second stage. Cheers to that good sir.

I ended up on the desktop after install but I think I screwed up the kext and Clover installation. I get prohibited sign now when I try to boot, and cannot boot without USB. Cannot enter Recovery. I'll have to retry. But at least it looks like this is possible.

Will get back on this tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back