Contribute
Register

Pre Install Questions - Advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Still franticly looking for a way to start your program via the terminal. Already navigated to the directory on the desktop but cannot figure out how to activate a pkg file from the terminal.

:(

Digikid said:
Nope. Still franticly looking for a way to start your program via the terminal. Already navigated to the directory on the desktop but cannot figure out how to activate a pkg file from the terminal.

:(

Just tried this- it works.

type

Code:
cd desktop

then

Code:
open MultiBeast.pkg

FOr some reason it just rebooted on me. Must have a timer or something.

How can I get back now?

Digikid said:
FOr some reason it just rebooted on me. Must have a timer or something.

How can I get back now?

There's no timer. Reinstall time. Use the 2 partitions- then you'll have a backup 10.6 install in case things go awry. ;)

As long as you have the installer open before starting the 10.6.2 update you should still be able to run it (since you won't need to use the finder to open it).

The other thing you could do is do like tony said and make 2 partitions.
From within the 2nd partition, download the 10.6.2 combo update and run it on your first partition. When it's completed, open up multibeast and run that on the first partition as well. I think you can use the Easybeast option for 10.6.2 w/ unsupported processor, right Tony?

This way you'll still have your second partition working if it doesn't work, and if it does work you can just delete the second partition and resize the first to use the whole disk.

Guess what. STILL DID NOT WORK. LOL@@@@

Got everything reinstalled and did the update with Beast running behind it. Still rebooting to a blank screen.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

For me there is good news,
first I tried a different version of the distro, it works, should be fixing graca and ethernet. but i tried on the second half of the hdd so its possible.

i also got my original SL copy, i booted with atiwith48xx swipped media inserted boot prompt, no problem so far, installation runs but could not install. i try again. but how to insert other kexts? is here a tut open? i searched the forum, but no hint.

Thanks for your work tony!

yoyoyoyoo!

im writing from within the apple of wisdom ;)
jokin, but it works.

the graca is listed, so easy, compared with some linux distro. now just configure bootloader and on i go.

Ah! important, ive got version 10.6.1 it downloaded the 10.6.2 update, can i install it, or do i need to do something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back