Contribute
Register

Post Your MultiBeast Configuration Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Network is unchecked???

Because i use '' RealtekRTL81xx_0.0.67'' Installer...

New build!

Dell XPS 9100 with:

i7-960 3.2 Bloomfield XPS DT

12G of 1333 in sticks of two

ATI (Advanced Micro Devices?) 5670 M206

2 1.5TB junxes

A Blu-Ray drive o_0

Added another multi-purpose DVD drive

Came with Win7 Pro on one drive so removed and only placed the other clean drive in the box, just 2 gigs of ram, VGA only from the card, the version 3.1.0 iboot for some reason would crash after the disc swap, even using -x to the SL install (10.6) disc.

So I had success using iboot 2.6 worked and I added the attached options using the newer Multibeast (3.1.0) I also used a DSDT file from this thread

(viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4462&p=63268&hilit=9100#p63268)

I used the edited one.

First couple times was trying the ALC8xxx stuff but no go- by process of elimination and lots of re-installs and caddywompas tomfoolery I ended up FINALLY getting it right and and re-reading the part about having to add the proper kexts AS you are using the user-dsdt file…

Graphics Enabler Yes and my card is working pretty nice, after all the ram was back in Cinebench was clocking 6000 or so.

Tried to foolishly rely upon Time Machine backup for testing out the different audio options and was unpleased with the time I wasted, heh heh.

All is said and done - two perfectly functioning OSs on separate drives (using MacDrive on win to access other stuff).

I did wonder if my setup SHOULD be MacPro3.1 or any of the other options… possibly no because that would be the dual xeon boards? Anyways, I'm still unsure if Dell is using a generic intel board or if it's proprietary. It's got a gigantic tubular heatsinkfan and I wonder what those temps are…

No lockups so far although I did get some wacky intermittent garbled video non-sense with my possibly damaged DVI cable - cannot find HDMI cable to test.

Pretty nice LED LCD too, it's wonderful.

EDIT:
Great Scott, my temps were near 80 degrees celcius at full load with 8 cores running! Ahhh, geekbench shows 12,000 in OSX, win7 gets 9,000.
Also, to get stuff running proper I had to enable Speedstep in the bios, read in another thread this is something that can be fixed by creating my own custom DTST file, but I haven't tried that yet...

Attachments

• 9100_001.jpg
    9100_001.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 652
  • 9100_002.jpg
    9100_002.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 692
I had trouble with the installation using the DSDT I got from this website. After I changed the file name from DSDT-motherboardID-.aml to simply DSDT.aml my installation seems to have worked quite well. not sure if that made a difference; just happy it's working. thanks for the software!! definitely making a donation. awesome

also, I didn't have my drive partitioned during my successful install.

Configuration for a successful Asus P8P67 Deluxe motherboard.

CPU turbo setting is 30 in BIOS (still need to try 32).

Did some editting on the smbios and boot.plist, see attachments.

Attachments

• Multibeast.tiff
    272.3 KB · Views: 535
  • com.apple.Boot.plist
    561 bytes · Views: 297
  • smbios.plist
    485 bytes · Views: 262
stagleton said:
I had trouble with the installation using the DSDT I got from this website. After I changed the file name from DSDT-motherboardID-.aml to simply DSDT.aml my installation seems to have worked quite well. not sure if that made a difference; just happy it's working. thanks for the software!! definitely making a donation. awesome

also, I didn't have my drive partitioned during my successful install.
Yeah of course, that's a great difference

silentsage said:
Configuration for a successful Asus P8P67 Deluxe motherboard.

CPU turbo setting is 30 in BIOS (still need to try 32).

Did some editting on the smbios and boot.plist, see attachments.
You use a MacBook Pro smbios.plist? Have u a special reason for that?

Tony's original blog on the Sandy Bridge MBP kernel contained instructions to edit the smbios and change it to macbook8,1.

When the MBP8,1 option appeared in Multibeast 3.4 I used it. The kernel is from a Sandy Beast machine, and the motherboard is Sandy Beast. The MBP8,1 is the closest standard Apple configuration to the motherboard hardware.

so wait... should we try and re-name the DSDT.[mobo#].aml to just DSDT.aml?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back