HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Bare bones Gigabyte Post-Install MultiBeast Choices for 100% System Functionality.

1. Follow iBoot + MultiBeast
2. Run Combo Update - Don't Reboot
3. Download your Motherboard's DSDT from DSDT Database, and place .aml file on Desktop.

For ethernet- use Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext installer following MultiBeast installation.
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrt ... river.html

GA-P55M-UD2
MB-GA-P55M-UD2.png

GA-H55N-USB3
MB-GA-H55N-USB3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
A common misnomer, you will not need the NVenabler.kext for 9800GT- it is supported via Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler by default. ;)

Good idea.

H55M-UD2H + ATI HD 5770:
(Install Lnx2Mac's RTL81xx driver from his website for best network support.)
Screen shot 2011-01-03 at 12.14.19 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-03 at 12.14.19 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-03 at 12.14.19 AM.png
    161.4 KB · Views: 10,604
tonymacx86 said:
A common misnomer, you will not need the NVenabler.kext for 9800GT- it is supported via Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler by default. ;)

Great to know - I'll ditch it! Thanks!

Gigabyte H55M-UD2H msi 5770 cyclone

iboot+multibeast
Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext
DSDT from here

螢幕快照 2011-01-03 下åˆ1.46.26.png

Attachments

• 螢幕快照 2011-01-03 下åˆ1.46.26.png
    螢幕快照 2011-01-03 下åˆ1.46.26.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 10,555
tonymacx86 said:
Bare bones Gigabyte Post-Install MultiBeast Choices for 100% System Functionality.

1. Follow iBoot + MultiBeast
2. Run Combo Update - Don't Reboot
3. Download your Motherboard's DSDT from DSDT Database, and place .aml file on Desktop.

For ethernet- use Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext installer following MultiBeast installation.
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrt ... river.html

SNIP
TONY
Will you post a consolidated short list of Multibeast items that are automatic and do not need to be checked?
I reviewed the documentation for Multibeast and saw the notes for Multibeast 3.0.
Were there others we no longer need that many folks still check?
Or is it very much motherboard & video card dependent.

brockwitting said:
killerbunnies said:
For a GA-EP43T-USB3 and HD5750
Are you sure you need the JMicron driver? I have the same board, use 4 hard drives, and have not needed to use it.

:rolleyes: i use it for see as drive, anyways it doesnt affect the system.. hehehehe

tonymacx86,

Your snapshot for the P55M-UD2 is different than your YouTube video for the MB. From that video, here's what I've been using:

UserDSDT
System Utilities
Advanced>Kext>Audio>LegacyHDA>ALC887/ALC888b
Advanced>Kext>Audio>AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback
Advanced>Kext>Graphics>NVEnabler
Advanced>Kext>Networks>Realtek 1000SL I now use Lin2Mac's driver
Advanced>com.apple.boot.plist>64 bit Apple Screen (non verbose)
Advanced>smbios.plist>iMac>Core i5
Advanced>OSX86 Software

The JMicron36x SATA kext wasn't checked in the video while the NVEnabler was checked.

Do I need to add the JMicron36x for SATA & eSATA? And remove the NVEnabler from the the E/E?

While I don't want to reinstall OS X, how do I ensure I've got the correct kexts in S/L/E? Conversely, I do I tell what shouldn't be in S/L/E?

The Jmicron kext is for Orange icon fix on P55s. And you will not need NVenabler for the 9800. ;)

No need to reinstall- just install/delete the kexts you need/don't need and rebuild caches.

tonymacx86 said:
No need to reinstall- just install/delete the kexts you need/don't need and rebuild caches.
That's the thing Tony, but for newbies often impossible. For the kext's i had installed so far, i use different colors. Can you colorize the kext's in Multibeast? So it's easier to find the kext's which are installed by Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back