Post Your MultiBeast Configuration Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's mine:

Attachments

• MultiBeast.jpg
    MultiBeast.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1,071
This one is mine, works 100% ..... i know ..''NullCPU'' ?? But my Audio Programs perform WAY better like this...

Attachments

• Screen shot MIO MULTIBEAST.png
    Screen shot MIO MULTIBEAST.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 1,054
ar13 said:
This one is mine, works 100% ..... i know ..''NullCPU'' ?? But my Audio Programs perform WAY better like this...
Why Network is unchecked??? :eek:

karacho said:
wavesequence said:
ar13 said:
Why Network is unchecked??? :eek:
Perhaps enabled in com.apple.Boot.plist?

Probably because he's using Lnx2Mac's which isn't in MultiBeast yet. ;)

Stork said:
tonymacx86,

Your snapshot for the P55M-UD2 is different than your YouTube video for the MB. From that video, here's what I've been using:

UserDSDT
System Utilities
Advanced>Kext>Audio>LegacyHDA>ALC887/ALC888b
Advanced>Kext>Audio>AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback
Advanced>Kext>Graphics>NVEnabler
Advanced>Kext>Networks>Realtek 1000SL I now use Lin2Mac's driver
Advanced>com.apple.boot.plist>64 bit Apple Screen (non verbose)
Advanced>smbios.plist>iMac>Core i5
Advanced>OSX86 Software

The JMicron36x SATA kext wasn't checked in the video while the NVEnabler was checked.

Do I need to add the JMicron36x for SATA & eSATA? And remove the NVEnabler from the the E/E?

While I don't want to reinstall OS X, how do I ensure I've got the correct kexts in S/L/E? Conversely, I do I tell what shouldn't be in S/L/E?
tonymacx86 said:
The Jmicron kext is for Orange icon fix on P55s. And you will not need NVenabler for the 9800. ;)

No need to reinstall- just install/delete the kexts you need/don't need and rebuild caches.

OK. But, I'm still confused. I'm using the "Advanced>com.apple.boot.plist>64 bit Apple Screen" because I want to take advantage of the 64 bit architecture.

But, I see that you do not define a smbios configuration like you did in the YouTube video. Is there now a default? If so, what is it?

Now, all that being said, if I wanted to redo my MultiBeast "load" to match yours, but add the 64 bit, what do I have to do to my existing build? What do I need to take out before the rerun?

I ask all this because my system won't wake-up from sleep. I've test my 8GB of memory (DDR3 1600) with all the usual suspects (Prime95, memtest86) till the cows come (twice). So, it must be something I've done with my MultiBeast build.

(To further eliminate possible causers, I've ordered a Sony optical drive to replay my LG. However, the configuration worked (sleep/wake-up) until 10.6.5. Hmmm, maybe an app I've added. Gawd! What a headache.)

Stork said:
OK. But, I'm still confused. I'm using the "Advanced>com.apple.boot.plist>64 bit Apple Screen" because I want to take advantage of the 64 bit architecture.

But, I see that you do not define a smbios configuration like you did in the YouTube video. Is there now a default? If so, what is it?

The default smbios.plist for EasyBeast and UserDSDT is MacPro3,1. It seems to be the most beneficial framerate and performance-wise with most cards. Some NVIDIA cards are severely throttled by initiation of the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.

Stork said:
Now, all that being said, if I wanted to redo my MultiBeast "load" to match yours, but add the 64 bit, what do I have to do to my existing build? What do I need to take out before the rerun?

You can remove /Extra entirely. That will delete most of the things installed by MultiBeast. Also, if you re-run the Combo Updater from the latest 10.6.6, it will replace most of your standard System/Library/Extensions folder kexts with fresh vanilla ones. Of course you'll want to run Lnx2Mac's ethernet kext all of this to enable network. That will make sure any other network kexts are removed safely as well.

Stork said:
I ask all this because my system won't wake-up from sleep. I've test my 8GB of memory (DDR3 1600) with all the usual suspects (Prime95, memtest86) till the cows come (twice). So, it must be something I've done with my MultiBeast build.

(To further eliminate possible causers, I've ordered a Sony optical drive to replay my LG. However, the configuration worked (sleep/wake-up) until 10.6.5. Hmmm, maybe an app I've added. Gawd! What a headache.)

Pretty sure that sleep would work on a fresh install- probably a kext installed by an app- I know VMware and Parallels install some drivers. That could have something to do with it.

Thanks, Tony. I'll give it a try. I'm hoping this approach will work.

If that doesn't work, the only thing left is erasing the partition and reinstalling OSX. It will be a royal pain in the [insert your favorite location] to reinstall all the apps that I have in my standard Mac build. I'll have to test after each install.

As the local news shows are fond of saying, "Film at 11."

Update: Worked like a champ! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back