1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have been running OC for a long time now and it's been working well for the most part. This weekend a my helpful daughter installed a Mac critical update. Since that update, I was complexity unable to boot whilst the PCIe graphics card was installed. Given everything worked when using the MB build-in HDMI output, I guessed I had a dead card. Installing a new card has not cured the problem even after uninstalling the update. I managed to use the Recovery tool and reinstalled OS X. That's helped things and I'm now able to boot with the car installed; however, it still crashes during boots, but on the restart post crash, it works again.

I've managed to grab a Panic text file. Would it be possible for someone with far more knowledge to help point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

iMac19,1: Ventura 13.4.1 | ASUS PRIME Z370-P II | i7-8086K | Radeon RX 6600 8GB

Attachments

• config.plist
    19.8 KB · Views: 20
  • panic-2023-07-17-201643.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 15
Probably not too helpful with regard to your problem but you do not need the boot argument agdpmod=pikera with an RX 570.

You have two HFS drivers enabled, this is wrong - You only need one.
HfsPlus.efi or OpenHfsPlus.efi.

The old card is the RX 570, the new one is a Radeon RX 6600 8GB that requires the boot-arg.

Thanks for spotting that error! Unfortunately correcting it has not had an effect on the instability.

Back