Contribute
Register

Post Install - p55A-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I think I've got this one partially worked out.

I re-installed the firewire latest package from the SDK which got rid of the kext dependency issue.

I have both firewire cards working but only if I add the "arch=i386" entry back into the boot plist.

Of course that also shows 64 bit kernel and extensions as "No". It looks like one or more of the needed kext files is not complied for 64 bit operation. I'm not sure why, according to everything I've researched the firewire kexts should all be 64 bit compatible as of snow leopard.

For now I guess I'll switch to the 32 bit mode when I need to capture video, maybe the 10.6.3 update will help in some way...? At least I can use the firewire with the same /Extra folder Tony provided now which doesn't have all the extra kext files in it.

What chipset is on the FireWire card?
Just out of curiosity, as VIA, TI and LSI work to my knowledge.
Also, is it a PCI or PCI Express card, as the LSI card I fitted in my mates machine is using PCI Express.

thelostswede said:
What chipset is on the FireWire card?
Just out of curiosity, as VIA, TI and LSI work to my knowledge.
Also, is it a PCI or PCI Express card, as the LSI card I fitted in my mates machine is using PCI Express.

Right now I have two cards installed, both working in 32 bit mode and capturing excellent HD video.

Both of them are PCI, one is a NEC chipset and the other is LSI.

I'm thinking about buying a pci-express card made by SIIG which has the TI chipset but I'm concerned that there will still be a kext issue preventing 64 bit mode. It's possible my install of the firewire SDK may have replaced one or more kexts.

I wish there was a way to use the eye-tv software with the firewire video. I may have to hire a coder to write up a fake hardware interface that actually just passes the firewire video signal into eye tv.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-13 at 7.38.11 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-13 at 7.38.11 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
  • Screen shot 2010-03-13 at 7.43.45 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-13 at 7.43.45 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
ne0shell said:
tonymacx86 said:
No- you don't have to reinstall Chameleon + Extras (run EasyBeast) after bios update. You should probably check the bios settings again- make sure to run Optimized Defaults on the thing. ;)

I did the optimized defaults and then changed the SATA back to AHCI and the HPET to 64 bit but as I related Chameleon stopped working and I had to use the CD to get back into the OS.

I'm guessing it won't hurt anything to run Easybeast again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back