Contribute
Register

Post Install - p55A-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonymacx86 said:
Not an expert with PCI cards, I don't use any, but could be an issue with DSDT, as the extract was made without any specific PCI cards. :?:

I am pretty sure tonymacx86 is correct. I installed a known Mac compatible PCI Firewire card and it's not recognized.

If I get a chance I'll test without a DSDT.

No, doesn't matter, I installed a FireWire 800 card in my mates machine and it just worked. That system is using an older DSDT file for an F7 BIOS and it wasn't made specifically for that system.

thelostswede said:
No, doesn't matter, I installed a FireWire 800 card in my mates machine and it just worked. That system is using an older DSDT file for an F7 BIOS and it wasn't made specifically for that system.

Well la de da. :lol:

I used the same DSDT file both times.

If I use the easybeast /Extra folder without a DSDT file the machine boots in 32 bit mode and the firewire card shows up in profile but does not work.

If I use the DSDT file Tony provided with the easybeast /Extra folder in 32 bit mode the firewire card works.

If I use the DSDT file Tony provided with the /Extra folder he also provided in 64 bit mode the firewire card doesn't show up in profile at all.

The only differences are 32 bit mode and the kext files easybeast generated.

ne0shell said:
I used the same DSDT file both times.

If I use the easybeast /Extra folder without a DSDT file the machine boots in 32 bit mode and the firewire card shows up in profile but does not work.

If I use the DSDT file Tony provided with the easybeast /Extra folder in 32 bit mode the firewire card works.

If I use the DSDT file Tony provided with the /Extra folder he also provided in 64 bit mode the firewire card doesn't show up in profile at all.

The only differences are 32 bit mode and the kext files easybeast generated.

I would venture a guess that the firewire card is 32bit only.

I thought so too but two different cards and the last one is snow leopard compatible? It would have to be 64 bit ready, the only Macs that come set for 32 bit mode are the laptops and they don't have PCI firewire cards.

That leaves only the kext files easybeast installed as making the difference and I don't see where any of them would impact PCI devices working or not. The only other difference would be in the plist files. Is it possible there's something in the boot sequence allowing the firewire kexts to load for one but not the other?

The only difference I can find in the plist files is that the easybeast one has "arch-i386" in it and the other doesn't. The other minor dif is timeout value 1 vs value 3

I tried putting "arch=i386" back in my com.apple.boot.plist which is supposed to force the system to load 32 bit kext files.

My profiler under "software" now shows "no" for 64 bit kernal and extensions.

I'm still showing "no firewire devices" in profiler.

Console shows the following error:

failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI (error 0xdc008016)

This basically means I have a kext file dependency issue of some kind but I have no clue how to go about resolving it.

Is there a way to put the firewire kext files in /Extra perhaps?

check out this error in the posted screenshot. It's showing there's a problem with that kext file.

Attachments

• firewire_error.jpg
    firewire_error.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back