Contribute
Register

Post Install - p55A-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the boot log errors for firewire, I don't know if this helps point out the issue or how to fix it...

Code:
Mar  9 13:26:20 infotechs-Mac-Pro System Profiler[191]: SPFWR ERROR: Hardware drivers did not load. No FireWire hardware detected.

Mar  9 13:35:37 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit6.0.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:37 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern6.0.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:37 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: /System/Library/Extensions/FWSkeletonKey.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:37 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireFamily.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:37 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: /System/Library/Extensions/lspcidrv.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:38 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: Missing link state for dependency IOFireWireFamily.kext.

Mar  9 13:35:38 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:44 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: Created prelinked kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache_x86_64.8602B51D.

ne0shell said:
Here are the boot log errors for firewire, I don't know if this helps point out the issue or how to fix it...

Code:
Mar  9 13:26:20 infotechs-Mac-Pro System Profiler[191]: SPFWR ERROR: Hardware drivers did not load. No FireWire hardware detected.

Mar  9 13:35:37 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit6.0.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:37 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern6.0.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:37 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: /System/Library/Extensions/FWSkeletonKey.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:37 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireFamily.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:37 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: /System/Library/Extensions/lspcidrv.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:38 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: Missing link state for dependency IOFireWireFamily.kext.

Mar  9 13:35:38 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Mar  9 13:35:44 infotechs-Mac-Pro com.apple.kextcache[202]: Created prelinked kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache_x86_64.8602B51D.

Try running Onyx- and selecting full automation- then reboot. It may help- looks to me like a bit of cache error. But I really have no idea- Firewire works great on my UD2. Did it work when booting from the iBoot CD? And also, do you have 1394 enabled in Bios?

I've done some digging around and the firewire drivers for Mac OS were updated to x64 compatible w/ snow leopard.

Based on further reading I think it could be one of the following:

1. The kext files didn't update w/ the 10.6.2 install.
2. The firewire bus hasn't fully recycled since upgrading. The apple support website talks about this being a known issue where the bus maintains power between reboots and won't fully reset. I'll have to try a full shutdown, remove all power, disconnect my firewire cable and let it sit for a minute or two to test that out.
3. My firewire card just isn't compatible w/ 64 bit arch.

I'll try what you suggested and number 2. If that fails I'll probably order a new firewire PCI card like this one: http://www.firewiredirect.com/product/112/ which is known to be x64 compatible.

The firewire card works fine using 32 bit mode when I boot into my old drive but that one is using my easybeast generated /Extra folder with your DSDT file.

The solid state disk drive really does make a noticeable difference. This machine is just flying w/ it and the i5 CPU and other hardware upgrades.

I wouldn't get a firewire PCI card yet- my UD2 Firewire is working perfectly- although you could upgrade to Fw800.

It's got to be something in the kexts or DSDT. It's the same firewire spec as in my board, so have no fear- it will work! ;)

tonymacx86 said:
I wouldn't get a firewire PCI card yet- my UD2 Firewire is working perfectly- although you could upgrade to Fw800.

It's got to be something in the kexts or DSDT. It's the same firewire spec as in my board, so have no fear- it will work! ;)

My board doesn't have built in firewire though, I'm using a PCI card. Given it works fine on the other OS drive it should work. I'll keep trying a few things before I spend more money, I've gone way past my wife's limit on this one.

Attached output screen from DPCI Manager w/ firewire PCI card details highlighted.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-09 at 7.59.58 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-09 at 7.59.58 PM.png
    719.7 KB · Views: 226
I ran the full automation package w/ onyx and restarted, firewire PCI card is still not working and profiler still shows "no firewire devices present". (In 64 bit mode).

Either it can't work in 64bit mode or one of the kext files I had in /Extra prior to using the /Extra you provided somehow enabled it to work.

Here are the kext files easybeast installed that are missing from the 64 bit /Extra:

AppleACPIPS2Nub
EvOreboot
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
LegacyAppleRTC
NullCPUPowerManagement
VoodooHDA
VoodooPS2Controller

I don't know what if anything in any of those would make a difference which would leave just the 32 vs 64 bit thing.

ne0shell said:
I ran the full automation package w/ onyx and restarted, firewire PCI card is still not working and profiler still shows "no firewire devices present". (In 64 bit mode).

Either it can't work in 64bit mode or one of the kext files I had in /Extra prior to using the /Extra you provided somehow enabled it to work.

Here are the kext files easybeast installed that are missing from the 64 bit /Extra:

AppleACPIPS2Nub
EvOreboot
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
LegacyAppleRTC
NullCPUPowerManagement
VoodooHDA
VoodooPS2Controller

I don't know what if anything in any of those would make a difference which would leave just the 32 vs 64 bit thing.

Are you using the modified DSDT for your board? Or PS2 devices? Those are all unnecessary kexts if you have one. Check out MY EFI in my signature for an example of needed kexts for mod. DSDT Gigabyte peeps. ;)

tonymacx86 said:
Are you using the modified DSDT for your board? Or PS2 devices? Those are all unnecessary kexts if you have one. Check out MY EFI in my signature for an example of needed kexts for mod. DSDT Gigabyte peeps. ;)

That list I posted was what easybeast loaded into my /Extra folder but that was the old one. I'm using the /Extra folder you posted for me to download including the DSDT file.

I tried a new firewire card listed as fully compatible w/ snow leopard and I'm still getting the same exact issue - "no firewire devices found" in profiler.

ne0shell said:
tonymacx86 said:

That list I posted was what easybeast loaded into my /Extra folder but that was the old one. I'm using the /Extra folder you posted for me to download including the DSDT file.

I tried a new firewire card listed as fully compatible w/ snow leopard and I'm still getting the same exact issue - "no firewire devices found" in profiler.

Not an expert with PCI cards, I don't use any, but could be an issue with DSDT, as the extract was made without any specific PCI cards. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back