Graphics
unk
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just finished building the february mac mini atx build. after installation(Mointain lion via mac app store and USB stick), ran multibeast, plugged in USB 3.0 external drive to the USB 3 port on Mobo to start moving files and the computer froze. Had to hold down power button to restart, and now it wont get past the BIOS startup screen. It acts like it is not receiving any input from keyboard to access/edit the BIOS or select boot device, although i have tried every usb port and a ps2 keyboard and they all light up(number lock) but cant seem to get any further. Tried shorting the CMOS without any success. Anyone else see this happen? Thoughts on how to clear it?

Update: I removed the Hard Drives and was able to get to the BIOS setup. Reinstalled the 128GB SSD that mountain lion is installed on, and everything booted up correctly. Reinstalled 3TB HDD for media storage and got stuck at BIOS startup screen again. Tried every combination of SATA ports on the Motherboard and it refuses to boot with the HDD connected. Tried removing SSD and just trying to get to BIOS with the HDD installed and still no success.

When I first connected everything could access the BIOS and see both drives. After formatting SSD and installing Mountain lion, I also formatted the HDD, 1 partition, 3TB, exFAT(i think). Then ran MultiBeast and restarted computer. Never successfully booted from SSD with HDD still connected. Could it have been the format I chose for the HDD?

So i found a couple others who had trouble with using two drives on a new machine, and what they all had in common with me was the second drive was formatted exFAT. I set the SATA port to hot swappable, connected the second 3TB drive after the OS had booted, and then reformatted it as Mac OSX journaled(didnt have many other choices), and restarted and... It booted up fine! Restarted and went into BIOS, turned off the SATA port as hot swappable, and then saved and exited and, I worked again. So im all up and running.

So final fix was, GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard would not let me boot with a second HDD in exFAT format. Change the format of your second drive and you should be all in the clear.

I'm having the sack same issue! Formatted 3tb as expat now stuck at bios screen. How to i enable the sata for hot plug??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back