Contribute
Register

Possible easy fix for AMD RX 480 in Sierra using FakeSMCkext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any possibility to solve the "black screen problem" with the RX 470/480 not injecting fakeid 0x12345678 in Clover being able to use graphic accelaration?

Hardware

Motherboard: MSI Z170 Pro Gameing
GraCa: Asus Radeon RX 470

Sierra 10.12.6

Kext:
Whatsevergreen.kext + lilu.kext (newest version)

The card will be recognized. Graphic acceleration won't function as long as you use fakeid. Until now, I didn't manage to get it going without fakeid.

Is there any possibility to solve the "black screen problem" with the RX 470/480 not injecting fakeid 0x12345678 in Clover being able to use graphic accelaration?

Hardware

Motherboard: MSI Z170 Pro Gameing
GraCa: Asus Radeon RX 470

Sierra 10.12.6

Kext:
Whatsevergreen.kext + lilu.kext (newest version)

The card will be recognized. Graphic acceleration won't function as long as you use fakeid. Until now, I didn't manage to get it going without fakeid.

In Sierra 12.6 you should not need fake ID or any fixes to get RX 470-480-570-580 to work. With lilukext and green kext I am able to use my RX 480 without IGPU or CPU graphics disabled in bios. I leave the fake ID 0x000000 no EDID, no inject ATI. I put the kexts in System/Library/Extensions folder as well as the clover kexts "Other" folder.

It works even better in High Sierra beta with full HDMI and DisplayPort Audio.

I don't want to use fakeid, but for me its the only way to get the graphic interface (without graphic accelaration) to work :(.

You mean

plugging the HDMI-Monitorcabel to the MB,

BIOS

a. Advanced Items System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disable
b. PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 > Disabled
c. USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto
d. USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
e. APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled
f. Boot Menu Fast Boot > Disabled
g. Boot Logo Display > Disabled
h. CSM Boot > Enable
i. Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
j. Enable IGPU

copying the lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext in clover kext folger, no inject ATI

should work with the MSi Radeon RX 470 to log in to the graphical interface of OS X being able to use graphic accelaration?

In Sierra 12.6 I can use bios setting igpu enabled or disabled. The card should work on its own without igpu and without fake ID when using the lilu green combo. If I use IGPU enabled it still works and the card is named AMD Radeon Pro 480/575. When it has this definition the lilu green kexts are working. When I had the kexts in clover kexts other folder it didn't work so I placed them in S/L/Extensions folder and ran kext wizzard. After this it works, and I don't need igpu at all and disable it in bios.

Tried it ...copied the 2 kext to HDD System/Library/Extensions ....after that using kext wizard...

Monitorcabel plugged to PCIE and IGPU (disabled) ...only chance to log in via graphics injector enable ATI with fakeid 0x12345678... otherwise black screen problem.

Monitorcabel plugged to Motherboard ...every way I tried - with or without IGPU with our without graphic injector ATI and fakeid ...stopped to boot the operating system up....

The operating systems stucks before completely loaded, so - for me - the kexts files - which are copied to S/L/E on the HD - aren't loaded, too. Do you mean another file location for the two kext files on the bootloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back