Contribute
Register

Poor mans hack.. Celeron or Pentium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the sound working through the voodoo loader.

But then the ethernet failed.. Then kernel panic.. now im doing it all over. I'd tried the dsdt for patch H61M-DS2 rev 1.2 bios FA.. Kernel panic.. :beachball:

Edit: I think I'll continue on going on the Easybeast.. Works fine for me

what did it kernel panic on? appleintelcpupowermanagement?
if so it was mentioned earlier what you need to do to overcome that

Thanks everyone for all help.

I don't know what triggered the kernel panic.. I just shut it down and tried the -dsdt=null in chimera without result and restarted the install process..

Now I'm happily driving with easybeast, voodoo-kextlauncher and everything is working great ;)

xXxJeremy71xXx said:
Hey I was wondering how good your hack runs Photoshop? I'm looking to get a similar build but I want to make sure I can run Illustrator on it.

Thanks

It runs photoshop quite well. The Celeron G530 has almost the speed of the MBA 10" i5 2467M..

I don't do heavy editing, but the speed compared to my previous system are astounding

Davabo said:
xXxJeremy71xXx said:
Hey I was wondering how good your hack runs Photoshop? I'm looking to get a similar build but I want to make sure I can run Illustrator on it.

Thanks

It runs photoshop quite well. The Celeron G530 has almost the speed of the MBA 10" i5 2467M..

I don't do heavy editing, but the speed compared to my previous system are astounding

Ok thanks for the reply. The computers I have access to are pretty slow as well and I was able to run Illustrator on it without too much problems so I should be astounded like you are.

Davabo said:
Mate94 said:
Davabo said:
But there are no DSDT for the rev 2.0?!
Yes, there isn't. What's the problem?

Okej, there isn't any DSDT for this board. The install went fine, but how do I get it to boot?

Multibeast seem to crave a DSDT..

I guess that I can't use the DSDT from another similar board?

This is exactly where I am having my problem. I can't get the install going with the same board and an i5 2500. I am trying to flash the bios from f3 to f7 but it says I need to update my utility. Is there anyway I can get around this when I don't have a windows boot disk?

You can make your own DSDT.. If you scroll past my inlays, Samisnake claims that you can use the patch from any H61M-board to make your own DSDT with that guide.

For me the Easy-beast works quite fine.. my only problems in easybeast are sleep n' sound :)

Edit: Now the sound works!

I installed the DSDT with multibeast. Checked Lnx2Mac's Realtek for Ethernet and Universal --> VoodooHDA 0.2.1 for sound. After restart I installed the Voodoo.kext

After restart I had sound!

Edit 2:
After second restart I had panic..

Attachments

• DSDT.AML
    37.1 KB · Views: 138
Thank you very much for the DSDT file. I will use it. My question is did you ever flash the bios? It seems as I need to go to F7 to make the mobo see my processor, but I can't use q-flash because it says my flash utility is outdated.

theb94 said:
Thank you very much for the DSDT file. I will use it. My question is did you ever flash the bios?

Yes, I flashed it to the latest stable version 24/3, I guess it was the F7..

Edit: I'm sorry to inform you that the bios verison was F3. I had a Bios-crash a few days ago and apparantly the backup-bios wasn't upgraded in my previously flash.

I'm so lucky that i got a Gigabyte-motherboard otherwise my MB wouldn't work now right?

I also just got this board. MC has the i5-3470k for $189.99 and add this board for 50off. It will be $4.99 in the cart. Im ebaying the CPU and getting a G530 (cant afford the better one). I got a rev 2.0 with F7 bois, so i would love to see a DSDT up for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back