Contribute
Register

Poor mans hack.. Celeron or Pentium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys have any video troubles? I'm trying to install osx and not getting any video output when I turn on the machine. Do you have to use the onboard VGA output to adjust the BIOS settings?

I don't currently have a VGA cable to test this out, just HDMI and DVI, my graphics card is the hackintosh friendly geforce 8400GS

I have the EVGA 512 non-silent. It's on the list of compatible cards. I'm getting a VGA cable to test out today, hopefully I get the card working after I install OSX. I used the Asus 8400GS in my previous build and it works great.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.ph ... d_Database

VGA ports will NOT work in OSX. Apple has not used it for over a decade, so there is no support for it.

Any GF210 and newer card will work fine. ATI 5xxx or 6xxx work fine too.

8400 is hit or miss.

You need a compatible graphics card to install.

Gordo74 said:
VGA ports will NOT work in OSX. Apple has not used it for over a decade, so there is no support for it.

Any GF210 and newer card will work fine. ATI 5xxx or 6xxx work fine too.

8400 is hit or miss.

You need a compatible graphics card to install.
Troll MODE ON:
On the Sapphire HD6670 VGA port is working. :oops: :lol:
MODE OFF:

Now I have upgraded the system with a 64GB SSD, 4 GB more memory and a dead-silent 612S-CPU-cooler!

The total pricetag has gone up from $184 to $369. This upgrade wasn't necessary in any way but gives me a Hackintosh that are as fast as it can be for officeuse. To notice the extra kick an more expensive processor can give you have to work with heavy rendering!

The now 8 GB memory makes sure ill never run out!

And the 64 GB SSD lets me start any heavy progam in just a few seconds, "in the blink of an eye" :)

Gordo74 said:
I personally wouldnt build anything less than the i3-2105 ($120) because it includes the GPU on it and you get another core. So it's really a matter of $80 vs $120.
Sorry to single you out, but your comment is a perfect example of what I mentioned in the "PovoMac" thread. You're recommending against a product you haven't researched or used. Both the Intel Celeron G530 and Intel Core i3 2105 are dual core. The Intel Core i3 2105 has hyper-threading, but it's debatable if that is even a worthwhile addition.

Gordo74 said:
What? :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back