Contribute
Register

Poor mans hack.. Celeron or Pentium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
****.. I got the stuff today don't you think the supplier sent the UEFI-version (rev. 2.0) spite the guarantee that the motherboard should be rev 1.2 ...

There are nothing to do but resend right?

Isn't there any solution of the UEFI-problem on the horizon?

Davabo said:
F#CK.. I got the stuff today don't you think the supplier sent the UEFI-version (rev. 2.0) spite the guarantee that the motherboard should be rev 1.2 ...

There are nothing to do but resend right?

Isn't there any solution of the UEFI-problem on the horizon?
Isn't. Send it back if you want good yourself.

Gordo74 said:
You can use the UEFI version, you just have to use NullCPUPowerManagement

(cut from another thread)
dejongj said:
Any motherboard with UEFI currently does not support Native Power Management in any degree. Can't see it affecting my computer.

It doesnt if you have NullCPUPowerManagement, but it will not sleep without sleep enabler and it will not speedstep/turbo. Just one speed at one voltage 24/7 with no sleep if no extra kexts are involved. With Gigabyte (which still uses BIOS), native power management (sleep without a kext, speedstep/turbo) all works flawlessly.

Really!? I would want the sleepfunction to work. I don't care for speedstep or turbo..

Does the NullCPUPowerManagement comes with Multibeast?

The store agreed on exchanging the motherboard, shippingfree, but i will take a week or two and I'm afraid they might send me the same board again.. So the question is, is it worth the wait.

I'm no real hacker so how hard will it be to get OSX to work with the rev. 2 UEFI motherboard?

I'm no real hacker so how hard will it be to get OSX to work with the rev. 2 UEFI motherboard?
It can get working but you will lost sleep if you stay with this motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back