Contribute
Register

POLL: USB issues after sleep / wake (Yosemite)

USB issue after sleep / wake

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mavericks was working perfect with chimera. Then I updated to Yosemite with chimera. My Hack was having wake up issues, usb issues, basically a mess. Didn't go back to Mavericks because I like how Yosemite looks. I did install Yosemite with clover after reading that it was much better ( and ppl, it isn't that hard to do so so don't be scared) system is perfect now, but the sleep/wake issue continues, it crashes when I wake it:banghead: I activated Trim since I read it helped some, no luck. I have changed my config.plist many times, I don't know what else to do, and I don't find anything out there. I love hackintoshing :headbang:

So far I've found only two solutions to the sleep/wake USB-related kernel panic that plagues the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H board when Yosemite is installed:

1. Switch the bootloader scheme from MultiBeast/Chimera to Clover, or;

2. Update your motherboard BIOS to the modified F16 version found on tweaktown.com.

I'm currently back using a straight MultiBeast installation on my UD5H, and the F16 BIOS fixed the issue where the onboard VIA chipset caused kernel panics under Yosemite. Ordinarily I don't recommend flashing your motherboard with a 3rd party BIOS but in this case I can report that I've had zero issues and everything works the way it should under Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back