Contribute
Register

POLL: USB issues after sleep / wake (Yosemite)

USB issue after sleep / wake

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have:

GA-Z77M-D3H with F13 BIOS
Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb

Using Clover with the settings in the "official" Clover Yosemite guide. Using Kext för Atheros network card and FakeSMC.

Everything works great with sleep expect that my Intellimouse explorer is not working properly after a wake up (i can move the mouse but just a cople of mm on the screen). To fix it I have to plug the mouse out and then plug it in again. Really annoying.

This is kinda cheating; my workaround - turn off sleep in everything and leave the USB in. Frankly I haven't gotten Yosemite as stable as Mavericks was yet. Still working on it.:confused:

That's not really a "workaround" - more like a surrender..

I was right where you are and what fixed these problems was switching from MultiBeast/Chimera bootloader to Clover. I am by no means a total Clover convert, with four of our home systems still booting Yosemite with Chimera without any problems. My mantra when it comes to Hackintoshes is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". But the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard's USB chipset seems to cause problems with Yosemite and Chimera, and these problems go away when Clover is used instead.

Here's the thread where xenophon61 helped me successfully switch to Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/146812-connecting-iphone-freezes-yosemite-2.html#post932609. I hope it helps you as well. Turning sleep off and never plugging or unplugging USB devices is no way to live. Good luck.

This is kinda cheating; my workaround - turn off sleep in everything and leave the USB in. Frankly I haven't gotten Yosemite as stable as Mavericks was yet. Still working on it.:confused:

I have a TRENDnet(TK-214i) 2-Port DVI USB KVM Switch Kit with Audio. After sleep the keyboard does not work. The mouse and the monitor are fine, have to use the mouse to wake the mac. When I toggle between the other machine (Windows 7) the keyboard works again. I thought that it was due to a USB 3.0 issue but am not sure anymore. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

I installed the RehadMan-Generic-USB3-2014-1016 GenericUSBXHCI.kext which appeared to correct the issue. But after being a sleep for most of the day it was still present.

Thanks

hi all
i have same problem with Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 bios F12. My graphic card is Sapphire Hd6850 1G Gddr5 Pci-E.
After I installed Yosemite, my USB3 ports didn't work (no problems in 10.9).
After many trials, finally i found solution. Now my only problem (hoping) is yours. But i think the freeze is caused by USB3 after wake up.
For the moment i don't permit my pc to sleep (LOL) coz i don't want to risk something doesn't work again (audio, camera, wifi, USB2 and 3, BT, etc.).
I hope that someone of you did a detailed analysys about it. In my bios not same items that in Z77. So the solution in bios not good for me.
Please if you have some other idea let me know.
Thanks

There is a basic incompatibility between the VIA USB chipset in many Gigabyte motherboards (particularly the CSM-enabled optiobn in BIOS), the Chimera/MultiBeast bootloader, and Yosemite's USB drivers. USB works after boot, but after system sleep/wake there will be a kernel panic.

Those who wish to simply live with it and never sleep their system, be my guest, but if you want to fix this problem once and for all and enjoy sleep/wake again without issues, you need to switch from Chimera to Clover. Admittedly this is not a simple switch, and Clover is nowhere near the almost idiot-proof, turnkey solution MultiBeast has become. But if you invest a bit of time and read some of the Clover threads, you'll rewarded with a system that wakes from sleep without drama. I wish I'd switched to Clover a lot sooner than I did.

Thanks a lot for your answer.
i'm realy worried to switch to clover...coz still i don't know if i will solve this problem and after i'll have others.
For the moment i stop trials and let awake always my pc.
Maybe it's not easy upgrade an hackintosh with old hardware (even if my hw is 2012) or maybe i have to stop update and hold the last OS X working well.
In the last update in this website i didn't find a unique way to correct install new OS X on "ALL" pc. Maybe it's impossible to do it.
Anyway i'd like to thanks Tonymac team and all of you for your kindness to help everyone.

There is a basic incompatibility between the VIA USB chipset in many Gigabyte motherboards (particularly the CSM-enabled optiobn in BIOS), the Chimera/MultiBeast bootloader, and Yosemite's USB drivers. USB works after boot, but after system sleep/wake there will be a kernel panic.

Those who wish to simply live with it and never sleep their system, be my guest, but if you want to fix this problem once and for all and enjoy sleep/wake again without issues, you need to switch from Chimera to Clover. Admittedly this is not a simple switch, and Clover is nowhere near the almost idiot-proof, turnkey solution MultiBeast has become. But if you invest a bit of time and read some of the Clover threads, you'll rewarded with a system that wakes from sleep without drama. I wish I'd switched to Clover a lot sooner than I did.
Could you point me to the right direction with the sleep/wake issue? I am using clover and still getting crashes coming from long sleep in 10.10.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back