Contribute
Register

POLL: USB issues after sleep / wake (Yosemite)

USB issue after sleep / wake

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everyone who faces issues with USB please write / vote here:

My problems:

Z77X-UD5H v1.1

Clover:
After sleep / wake my Hack instantly reboots after I connect an USB device

Chimera:
After sleep / wake my Hack freezes after I connect an USB device

It doesn't matter if I use the original USB drivers from Apple or the GenericUSBXHCI drivers from Rehabman. Same issue.

Thanks!

Well, I'm not sure if this actually a problem or just a known issue... but after waking from sleep all my USB devices give me the error that they were not ejected properly.

That is my only issue.

Everyone who faces issues with USB please write / vote here:

My problems:

Z77X-UD5H v1.1

Clover:
After sleep / wake my Hack instantly reboots after I connect an USB device

Chimera:
After sleep / wake my Hack freezes after I connect an USB device

It doesn't matter if I use the original USB drivers from Apple or the GenericUSBXHCI drivers from Rehabman. Same issue.

Thanks!

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue, what have you tried for a fix?

People have suggested the bios has to be set a certain way, i will let you know my findings.

I've mostly disabled sleep except display sleep. For a desktop that's how I prefer to work.

That being said USB is a serious issue. I can basically only use 1 USB2 port. If I plug anything into USB3 super speed ports it's a matter of time before I lock up. Sometimes I see some type of kernel crash scroll accross the screen so fast I can't really tell what it is. Here is the last few lines of system.log during the crash:

Oct 25 10:20:46 --- last message repeated 2 times ---
Oct 25 10:20:46 localhost distnoted[377]: # distnote server agent absolute time: 82.399145278 civil time: Sat Oct 25 10:20:46 2014 pid: 377 uid: 89 root: no
Oct 25 10:20:46 localhost mds[33]: (DiskStore.Warning:2518) Server returned -1 setting attributes
Oct 25 10:20:47 --- last message repeated 3 times ---
Oct 25 10:20:47 localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imdmessageservices.IMDMessageServicesAgent): The _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform.
Oct 25 10:20:47 localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): The _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform.
Oct 25 10:22:25 localhost bootlog[0]: BOOT_TIME 1414257745 0

I'm using SuperMicro X10SAT with Xeon E3-1275 v3 and eVga GTX 680. I'm really pleased that the haswell turbo all worked perfectly with no tweaks or SSDT, but the USB issue is pretty much a deal breaker to use this as a DAW. Maybe custom DSDT is required?

Also using Chimera 4. The USB 3 is Etron.

Thanks for raising this. I have the same issue.

KP after wake when USB is plugged in, very annoying.

Z77-UD5H here.

Tried GenericUSB kext and plugging everything into USB3 ports however it's still not happening.

I have the same symptoms, as well. I've tried both Clover and Chimera and get the same results you list in your post. I haven't tried the Rehabman GenericUSB kext, but it sounds like that doesn't help, either. I have tried updating my bios from F14 to F16mod11, and that doesn't help. Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back