Contribute
Register

Please help with yosemite boot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, before I saw some of the other posts here is what I did: I installed the networking and intel graphics drivers (I am not sure if I installed the right networking driver), I downloaded the nvidea driver and saved it (I am not sure if it is the correct version), I put my GTX 960 graphics card back in, I took out the OS X USB, put in the Windows USB, boot into and installed Windows and all the drivers I need, after that I put the OS X USB back in and boot from there but now I cannot boot into Yosemite because I have my graphics card back in (I think that is the reason). So what should I do next? Should I take out the graphics card and boot into Yosemite and download the correct drivers and the bootloader and then put the graphics card back in?

I think your Windows bootloader over wrote your Yosemite Chimera bootloader. :(
The old dictum I follow when I want a dual -boot or multi-boot system with Windows is to install Windows ALWAYS first so that its bootloader will not get a chance to inflict damage to the bootloaders of other system running from the same disk but different partitions or different independent hard disks but still connected to the Motherboard while Window is being installed. I always use separate disks not partitions of the same disk. I disconnect drives not immediately needed during install particularly if they are from same manufacturers and , size and serial numbers to avoid getting confused during installation. I might do that by diabling thru BIOS or even physically thru' PWR or Data cable detachment.

The least complicated way to get your OSX and Dual-boot System back again is to Reinstall OSX. I know it is a very painful thing for you. You have already done countless hours trying to get this ready.
I hope someone with a better and less complicated idea can come and help you out of this crisis. Installing Chimera to EFI partition may be an option . Please read the Forum for that while some one can take a fresh look into all your problems with this installation.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

I think your Windows bootloader over wrote your Yosemite Chimera bootloader. :(
The old dictum I follow when I want a dual -boot or multi-boot system with Windows is to install Windows ALWAYS first so that its bootloader will not get a chance to inflict damage to the bootloaders of other system running from the same disk but different partitions or different independent hard disks but still connected to the Motherboard while Window is being installed. I always use separate disks not partitions of the same disk. I disconnect drives not immediately needed during install particularly if they are from same manufacturers and , size and serial numbers to avoid getting confused during installation. I might do that by diabling thru BIOS or even physically thru' PWR or Data cable detachment.

The least complicated way to get your OSX and Dual-boot System back again is to Reinstall OSX. I know it is a very painful thing for you. You have already done countless hours trying to get this ready.
I hope someone with a better and less complicated idea can come and help you out of this crisis. Installing Chimera to EFI partition may be an option . Please read the Forum for that while some one can take a fresh look into all your problems with this installation.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html
How would I know if the windows bootloader overwrote the Yosemite one? I have not installed the Chimera bootloader yet for Yosemite only a few drivers.

For your current plan of wanting to Install Windows 8.1 (I guess) my suggestion before you go off the Yosemite are the following [to reduce the down time] :
  1. Download & Save on Documents Folder the Driver for your PCIE Card.
  2. Install Intel Graphics driver for the IGD
  3. Install Ethernet driver for Integrated Network card [it must be already there for you to be able to access the Internet and make any download from the Internet]
  4. Shut down the Computer
  5. Connect PCIE Graphic card [ You have Windows Driver for that anyway]
  6. Reboot and go to BIOS Setup and ENABLE PCIE & select DVD drive for Windows DVD Installer or USB Drive if Windows install is through a Flash Drive.
  7. During Windows Installation make sure you don't format your Yosemite Partition!!!!!
  8. Install Windows and perform all updates to your satisfaction.
  9. Reboot with Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer
  10. You might need boot flags for the nVidia Card : nv_disable=1 along with -v -x -f
  11. Once back on Yosemite Desktop > Mutibeast to complete the installation of undone items including Boot loader
  12. Install the Downloaded Nvidia driver
  13. Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to add nvda-drv=1 like:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
Hopefully Multibeast would have added other keys and strings but if <key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
is not there add that too to see your Windows and Yos Partitions on Chimera Boot menu.

Good Luck
I did everything here and with the bootflags I was able to boot into Yosemite in safe mode. So should I download the correct drivers now and the graphics drivers? This is with the gtx 960 installed.

I did everything here and with the bootflags I was able to boot into Yosemite in safe mode. So should I download the correct drivers now and the graphics drivers? This is with the gtx 960 installed.

OK very good. I feared you had completed the whole Multibeast run. We are doing that in bits and pieces over several days and unless both give a recapitulation of all prior things it is hard to keep up all the data all the time:)
Glad you did not allow Windows to hurt your mac:)
Yeah now you install the remaining things. to make YOS HD bootable .

I am not saying about the OS X version (i.e., 10.10.3 or 10.10.2 or 10.10.1 or 10.10.0), Product Build Versions can be vary with security updates too. You have to install web driver as per what version is running on your build.

Share the output of the below command

Code:
cat /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

or share the file SystemVersion.plist from /System/Library/CoreServices/
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>14D136</string>
<key>ProductCopyright</key>
<string>1983-2015 Apple Inc.</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>Mac OS X</string>
<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
<string>10.10.3</string>
<key>ProductVersion</key>
<string>10.10.3</string>
</dict>
</plist>

This is the output so which version webdriver should I download?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>14D136</string>
<key>ProductCopyright</key>
<string>1983-2015 Apple Inc.</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>Mac OS X</string>
<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
<string>10.10.3</string>
<key>ProductVersion</key>
<string>10.10.3</string>
</dict>
</plist>

This is the output so which version webdriver should I download?

Pl read this carefully for tips: http://www.macvidcards.com/blog/10103-supplemental-update-nvidia-web-drivers

I installed the webdriver for my computer, dsdt free (with bootloader), and the audio driver. After doing this everything seems fine except my internet doesn't work anymore. It says that I am not connected to Internet. So what should I do to fix this?

I installed the webdriver for my computer, dsdt free (with bootloader), and the audio driver. After doing this everything seems fine except my internet doesn't work anymore. It says that I am not connected to Internet. So what should I do to fix this?

you have only Integrated Ethernet chip and Not Wifi or both on it?

I just peaked at the baord's Pic on the net . It has Intel and Atheros LAN .

Pl go to Apple>About This Mac>System Report...>Hardware>Ethernet Card on the left and Take a Photo of RIGHT panel and upload for me to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back