Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 FTW 4 GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been having a lot of problems trying to install Yosemite on my new hackintosh that I want to dual boot Yosemite and Windows 8 on. Here are some information that might help you help me fix this problem.

CPU: i7-4790K
Motherboard: GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (Edited)
GPU: EVGA GTX 960 FTW 4 GB
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16 BG
SSD: Samsung Evo 250 GB

BIOS Settings:
Version: F6
VT - d: Disabled
Intel Virtualization Technology: Disabled
XHCI Mode: Auto
Intel Processor Graphics: Disabled
SATA Mode Selection: AHCI

Bootflags and Results:
-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No >> [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
-v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 >> Restarts after a while
-v -x PCIRootUID=1 >> System uptime in nanoseconds: 11360154657

I have been having a lot of problems trying to install Yosemite on my new hackintosh that I want to dual boot Yosemite and Windows 8 on. Here are some information that might help you help me fix this problem.

CPU: i7-4790K
Motherboard: Gigabyte UD5H Bk
GPU: EVGA GTX 960 FTW 4 GB
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16 BG
SSD: Samsung Evo 250 GB

BIOS Settings:
Version: F6
VT - d: Disabled
Intel Virtualization Technology: Disabled
XHCI Mode: Auto
Intel Processor Graphics: Disabled
SATA Mode Selection: AHCI

Bootflags and Results:
-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No >> [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
-v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 >> Restarts after a while
-v -x PCIRootUID=1 >> System uptime in nanoseconds: 11360154657

May I suggest you to click Profile toward top RIGHT of this page> navigate and fill the listed sections there.
System: [YourMotherboard Make & Model Bios Version#] Rest of the blocks to complete are very obvious .That will make your hardware profile for this build accessible to readers through out this troubleshoot without having to scroll ,back to this page to find the EXCELLENT list of data except Motherboard Model which might be GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK, please correct if that is what it is.

People have different ways of dealing with your current situation. My approach when there is a Video card that is not natively supported by the OSX Yosemite is included in the chosen hardware, as in your case:
  • I try to delay its installation, until I get a working system on my designated Hard disk. I try using the Integrated graphics card [IGX] instead of the Add-on PCIE Graphics card [PEG]
  • If I want a dual or triple or multi-boot system, I install separate HDDs for each OS instead of a single HDD with Multiple partitions and I disconnect their PWR and /or SATA cables to physically disable all but the target HDD during the installation for reducing confusion during hard disk partition and format or Power related issues.
  • Please remember the inherent risk for more than one system if they share same hard disk during installation, Troubleshoot, Upgrade or a hard disk failure. Your loss can be considerable and down-time enormous.
  • Similarly removing all but your USB Installer , USB Mouse and USB Keyboard from the USB ports and not using USB3 port till installation is completed is a safer approach to reduce USB related problem .
  • This leads me to ask the question about your dual boot setup. How many HDDs you have?
  • If you install Windows last, it can destroy the bootloader of your Yosemite HDD and ability to boot the newly installed Yosemite!Windows bootloader can over-write other Oses like Mac and Linux.
That means you have to make certain decisions about your installation before embarking on a long and painful troubleshoot. If you need help, please post back with clear description of the issue and supporting Verbose screen photo image files uploaded using the software facilities below where you type in your post
Good luck

May I suggest you to click Profile toward top RIGHT of this page> navigate and fill the listed sections there.
System: [YourMotherboard Make & Model Bios Version#] Rest of the blocks to complete are very obvious .That will make your hardware profile for this build accessible to readers through out this troubleshoot without having to scroll ,back to this page to find the EXCELLENT list of data except Motherboard Model which might be GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK, please correct if that is what it is.

People have different ways of dealing with your current situation. My approach when there is a Video card that is not natively supported by the OSX Yosemite is included in the chosen hardware, as in your case:
  • I try to delay its installation, until I get a working system on my designated Hard disk. I try using the Integrated graphics card [IGX] instead of the Add-on PCIE Graphics card [PEG]
  • If I want a dual or triple or multi-boot system, I install separate HDDs for each OS instead of a single HDD with Multiple partitions and I disconnect their PWR and /or SATA cables to physically disable all but the target HDD during the installation for reducing confusion during hard disk partition and format or Power related issues.
  • Please remember the inherent risk for more than one system if they share same hard disk during installation, Troubleshoot, Upgrade or a hard disk failure. Your loss can be considerable and down-time enormous.
  • Similarly removing all but your USB Installer , USB Mouse and USB Keyboard from the USB ports and not using USB3 port till installation is completed is a safer approach to reduce USB related problem .
  • This leads me to ask the question about your dual boot setup. How many HDDs you have?
  • If you install Windows last, it can destroy the bootloader of your Yosemite HDD and ability to boot the newly installed Yosemite!Windows bootloader can over-write other Oses like Mac and Linux.
That means you have to make certain decisions about your installation before embarking on a long and painful troubleshoot. If you need help, please post back with clear description of the issue and supporting Verbose screen photo image files uploaded using the software facilities below where you type in your post
Good luck
Thank you for the reply! To answer your question I have one 2 TB HDD and one 250 GB SSD that I want to dual boot on (so I guess I can't have each OS on a different SSD). I have attached a photo of what happens when I boot in verbose mode without any other bootflags. I am not sure why it is backwards but it just stops at "[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed"
IMG_9377.jpg

Thank you for the reply! To answer your question I have one 2 TB HDD and one 250 GB SSD that I want to dual boot on (so I guess I can't have each OS on a different SSD). I have attached a photo of what happens when I boot in verbose mode without any other bootflags. I am not sure why it is backwards but it just stops at "[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed"
View attachment 140302
Thank you for the edited Profile :)

This IOBluetoothHCIController] freeze is often seen if the video card cannot be loaded . Since the PGE GTX 960 that has no native support is chosen as your Starting Video card, we have to disable some features of this card that needs Nvidia Web driver for its proper functioning. We will try to disable those features and hope this freeze can be over come.

Adding the boot flag nvidia_disable=1 while booting your Yosemite USB Installer along with -v is what I would suggest at this juncture.

Power Off , and then On and then Select Yosemite USB Installer at Chimera boot screen and type -v nvidia_disable=1 and Enter

If problem occurs describe with a Verbose screen image about the issue.

If you can reach the installation screen, then proceed with Partition , Format and installation and reboot with USB installer still in the USB port and selecting it till you enter Chimera bootloader screen . Then switch on to Yosemite HDD and boot with same flags that enabled the installation. to complete the HDD install and account creation > Multibeast run >Kext Install etc

Hope things are clear the way I have written.

This IOBluetoothHCIController] freeze is often seen if the video card cannot be loaded . Since the PGE GTX 960 that has no native support is chosen as your Starting Video card, we have to disable some features of this card that needs Nvidia Web driver for its proper functioning. We will try to disable those features and hope this freeze can be over come.

Adding the boot flag nvidia_disable=1 while booting your Yosemite USB Installer along with -v is what I would suggest at this juncture.

Power Off , and then On and then Select Yosemite USB Installer at Chimera boot screen and type -v nvidia_disable=1 and Enter

If you can reach the installation screen, then proceed with Partition , Format and installation and reboot with USB installer still in the USB port and selecting it till you enter Chimera bootloader screen . Then switch on to Yosemite HDD and boot with same flags that enabled the installation. to complete the HDD install and account creation > Multibeast run >Kext Install etc

Should I reenable the Intel Processor Graphics then?

I tried it with both the Intel Processor Graphics enabled and disabled and the same problem (stuck at [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed) persisted. What do you think my next course of action should be?

I tried it with both the Intel Processor Graphics enabled and disabled and the same problem (stuck at [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed) persisted. What do you think my next course of action should be?

I think the best method is to install the Yosemite system enabling IGX alone [Physically removing the PEG even better rather than just relying on the CMOS settings] and once that is completed , download and install the nVidia Webdrivers [the site says it is not for GTX9 series, but I have seen trying the same latest Webdrive for GTX9nn cards, you are taking your chance: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/78853/en-us] and reinstall your PEG and enable it in BIOS and then booting

If you feel the above is a good plan, here are the steps:

• Shut down the PC.
  • Remove PCIE Video card.
  • Reboot >BIOS setup> Load Optimized Defaults> Make sure all the previous choices are still in place except this time IGX is your Graphic card .
  • Current Date &Time to your zone
  • Save and Exit
  • choose Unibeast Yosemite USB installer
  • Boot flags: -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -x -f and Enter
  • Image and Description if there is any problem; otherwise HDD installation
I will keep checking the Forum for another 1 hr before quitting for the day ; I am sure you will get plenty of help here. Please continue to provide details and images to get help. Good luck

Last edited:
I think the best method is to install the Yosemite system enabling IGX alone [Physically removing the PEG even better rather than just relying on the CMOS settings] and once that is completed , download and install the nVidia Webdrivers [the site says it is not for GTX9 series, but I have seen trying the same latest Webdrive for GTX9nn cards, you are taking your chance: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/78853/en-us] and reinstall your PEG and enable it in BIOS and then booting

• Shut down the PC.
  • Reboot >BIOS setup> Load Optimized Defaults> Make sure all the previous choices are still in place except this time PEG is your Graphic card .
  • Save and Exit
I will keep checking the Forum for another 1 hr before quitting for the day ; I am sure you will get plenty of help here. Please continue to provide details and images to get help. Good luck
What do you mean by the PEG is the graphics card this time?

What do you mean by the PEG is the graphics card this time?

Please read that as IGX -Integrated Graphic Card NOT PEG [PCIE-Graphic Card] for Yosemite Installation onto the HDD. It is only after Multibeast Run, Nvidia GTX Webdriver installation , and Shut down you are going to Reinsert PEG . Then you connect the Monitor to PEG's DVI or HDMI Port. Then Power ON , BIOS Settings Change from IGX to PEG and still booting via Yosemite USB and then switching to Yos HDD . I regret the typo made and confusion and any delay it might have caused.

• Shut down the PC.
  • Reboot >BIOS setup> Load Optimized Defaults> Make sure all the previous choices are still in place except this time IGX is your Graphic card .
  • Save and Exit
I did what you said and now it gets stuck at "System uptime in nanoseconds: 11249567512"
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back