Graphics
GeForce GTX 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
A friend wanted a Hackintosh so I had him buy the CustoMac Budget mATX from the January buyers guide. The case is a Fractal Core 1000 and the cooler is a Corsair H60. Unless I'm missing something, the H60 requires a rear 120mm fan position and the Core 1000 has a 92mm fan position back there. I guess I could mount it to the side, but then you could never take the case apart as the hose would hold it on. Anyone have a clever suggestion I'm missing? I'd really appreciate it.

FP

The pipes would give enough slack for you to open to the case if needed. You can always mount it to the front but you would be limited for HD space.

Best to use a top flow heat sink and a fan on the side swell.

A friend wanted a Hackintosh so I had him buy the CustoMac Budget mATX from the January buyers guide. The case is a Fractal Core 1000 and the cooler is a Corsair H60. Unless I'm missing something, the H60 requires a rear 120mm fan position and the Core 1000 has a 92mm fan position back there. I guess I could mount it to the side, but then you could never take the case apart as the hose would hold it on. Anyone have a clever suggestion I'm missing? I'd really appreciate it.

FP
I know this is very very old thread, but I'm in exact same situation now.. whats the best way to assemble with fractal 1000 and an h60 water cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back