Contribute
Register

Please Help! Nvidia Web Driver causing gIOScreenLockState 3. nv_disable=1 required to boot. Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z87-A
CPU
Intel I7 4770
Graphics
GTX 1060 6GB
Hi there guys,

I was wondering if you could help me out here. This has been driving me crazy and I’ve probably already read 100 threads.

System config is :
ASUS Z87-a
I7 4770
Gtx 1060 6gb

The problem is:

After upgrading my GPU from the gtx 770 I went from a perfect Sierra installation to one that’s not functioning with the web drivers. I have installed the relevant NVIDIA web drivers for 10.12.6 and CUDA.

The computer has been crashing at:

ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3.

I’ve tried resetting the cmbios and then applying correct bios to the machine.
I've tried installing Lilu and whateverGreen.
I've diasble and graphics injection.
Disabled SIP with 0x67.
Reset CMBIOS and reset the correct BIOS settings.

I can’t seem to get around the gioscreenlockstate unless the Nvidia Drivers are disabled with nv_disable=1.

Please help, any advice would be appareciated.

Attachments

• C171E855-AF5A-4D92-9480-EEF2EF12B4FE.jpeg
    C171E855-AF5A-4D92-9480-EEF2EF12B4FE.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 107
  • 27F38421-BED3-4E0E-80FE-DAC440ECA571.jpeg
    27F38421-BED3-4E0E-80FE-DAC440ECA571.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 88
  • C032DC57-7391-4F1C-B268-295DF34127A5.jpeg
    C032DC57-7391-4F1C-B268-295DF34127A5.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 77
  • config.plist
    25.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Other.zip
    255.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Hi there!

I only recently changed that to try and get this drivers to work, I believe before it was at 14,1. I will change it back. I’m really sorry to be a pain but could you suggest which fixes I should remove?

I really appreciate the advice.

All the best,
Josh

So this is the config I was using before I edited the SMBIOS. I will try disabling the fixes and see how I get on, I really hope I fix this problem this evening.

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.2 KB · Views: 120
Dependencies :
1. Native NVRAM support or an emulation of same - Test
2. At least 10.12.4.
3. The correct web drivers matched to the OS build number.
4. No use of nv_disable=1.
5. NvidiaWeb=true in config.plist.
6. May need SIP fully disabled - CsrActiveConfig=0x67.
7. May need latest Lilu.kext and WhatEverGreen.kext.

Ok so I just tested my NVRAM and all seems fine, iMessage works etc. The driver version is correct.

378.05.05.25f13 macOS 10.12.6 Sierra (16G1815)

Which corresponds with the version in about this mac.

I’ve removed the fixes that were selected, but left a couple that I think are useful. I’m not too sure about the patches though.

In clover I redownloaded the kexts for Lilu and whateverGreen into the EFI/ other folder in the SSD EFI.
Boot flag is -v.
My monitor is a dell, connected via HDMI.
Sip is fully disabled via 0x67
- I had previously enabled SIP protection to install the nvidia drivers, restarted the computer, re disabled it.
- Ensured Nvidia Web was enabled, ensured inject was disabled.

Nvidia web is set to true although the values in the config file are confusing. There are duplicates, some starting with #. Both are set to yes and there is currently no graphics being injected.

Unfortunately still getting the gioscreenlockstate 3 unless nv_disable=1.

----

I tried updating my os to the latest one which then broke my WiFi so thats something I'll have to look at later, I thought perhaps a different version would work. Luckily I have a hdd with a copy of Sierra which I can use to restore from.

I will next try https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update again, as the updated nvidia web driver shows no improvement.

I’m considering a clean install or upgrading to high Sierra because after messing around with so many kexts, clover, reading countless threads and seeing absolutely no change I don’t really know where to go from here. Perhaps there are additional files that need fixing / removing or are interfereing. Previously I had inject ATI selected despite igpu being disabled, maybe ill try enabling that again.

----

The Nvidia web driver seems to be causing a problem at some level, despite whatevergreen and lilu being installed.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

All the best,
Josh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 59
  • config.plist
    25.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Try this edited version of your config.plist :

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.5 KB · Views: 86
Hi there P1LGRIM,

Thanks so much for your continued support with this problem! I'll give it a go when I get back from work.

I hope you have a good day and I'll post here with how it goes later.

All the best,
Josh

So I tried the updated config but it still hangs on IOConsoleUsers unless I disable the NVIDIA web drivers or use nv_disable=1.

On top of that after updating my version of Sierra my WiFi card is no longer recognised and the WiFi selection reads ‘wi-fi: no hardware installed’.

I tired to replace the 811family with the working version but this hasn’t fixed the WiFi problem. ‍♂️ I wish upgrading my GPU wasn’t causing so many problems.

Attachments

• 69354252-A54B-4617-9426-AB48D39F2BEC.jpeg
    69354252-A54B-4617-9426-AB48D39F2BEC.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back