Contribute
Register

Please Help! Nvidia Web Driver causing gIOScreenLockState 3. nv_disable=1 required to boot. Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext is deprecated - Now part of WhateverGreen.kext.
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Yeah I saw that its now part of the whateverGreen plugin, I just thought I would test it as people seemed to have had success with it in the past. I’ll remove it though and stick to Lilu and whateverGreen.

Do you think I should use any of the OsxAptioFix drivers or just AptioMemoryFix?

Other one I’m wondering about is the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver. I’ll play around with them all later ☺️

Do you think I should use any of the OsxAptioFix drivers or just AptioMemoryFix?
AptioMemoryFix should be fine.

Other one I’m wondering about is the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver.
You only need it if your board does not natively support NVRAM and you have to emulate it but if you use AptioMemoryFix then that should not be a problem either.

AptioMemoryFix should be fine.

You only need it if your board does not natively support NVRAM and you have to emulate it but if you use AptioMemoryFix then that should not be a problem either.

Excellent! I shall test when I get home. I’m pretty certain the ASUS z87 boards have native NVRAM support as I had no issue with iMessage etc before using EmuVariableUefi. I will try removing that too.

So I will attempt next a boot with just
FakeSMC
Lilu
WhateverGreen

-

Remove all other Aptio Drivers except AptioMemoryFix.
Remove EmuVariableUefi.

Hopefully by removing as many of the unnecessary kexts as possible we can narrow down the cause of the problem. ☺️

I’ve also ordered a DVI cable from amazon prime so hopefully I’ll be able to test another display port on the gpu tomorrow too and if that makes any difference.

Also P1LGRIM, would you recommend the Benjamin-Dobell script for updating graphics drivers or just stick to the correct ones for my build?

All the best!
Josh

Last edited:
Ok, some progress made here although a bit of a side step really.

I decided to give HS a go and managed to get the web drivers working! I will write a little guide once everything is complete or at least compile some of the resources I found hepful.

Only problem left to fix now is my Atheros AR9227 pci wireless card. I had wireless working on Sierra so I’ll have to try and remember how I got it to work. Hopefully it’s still compatible! ☺️

Attachments

• 3C61B32F-A303-44D0-A212-A52846E7E644.jpeg
    3C61B32F-A303-44D0-A212-A52846E7E644.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back