Contribute
Register

Please Help! Nvidia Web Driver causing gIOScreenLockState 3. nv_disable=1 required to boot. Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
it still hangs on IOConsoleUsers
If you have more than one of the same ports then try another one.

zip your /EFI folder and attach it.

Here is a copy of the efi folder. Unfortunatly the GPU only has one HDMI, the monitor only has HDMI inputs too. Other than that the GPU has two DVI ports but I dont have a HDMI to dvi cable to see if that could fix the issue. The gtx 770 was working fine without web drivers via HDMI and the device boots using GPU Hdmi with nv_diasble=1 / nvidia web drivers disabled too.

Another interesting point is while booting with the wed drivers disabled but verbose mode on, IOConsoleUsers: is the last line before the machine boots up. With the web drivers enabled however that’s where it hangs.

I’m wondering if appleKeyStore: Operation Failed (pid:38 sel:7 ret:e00002c2... Has anything to do with the problem.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
What is the Device ID of the graphics card ?

System Information > Graphics/Displays.

Here is a photo of the information, device I’d 0x1c06.

I read in another thread that was HS not Sierra that they fixed the AppleKeyStore part by change the Activeconfig from 0x67 to 0x3 but this didn’t do anything.

Thanks again for all your help ☺️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 82
Remove AppleIntelE1000e.kext from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12.

You have multiple memory fix drivers in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi all do the same job and are mutually exclusive. Pick one and delete the others - Suggest AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.

I cannot find anything else that might be causing your problem.

Excellent! I shall give it a go!

Update:

Seems to have made some progress,
Now it’s come up with a timeout, took quite a long time before IOConsoleUsers appeared too.

I’m going to play with the config a bit and see what happens

———-

Tried to tidy it alll up a bit, still seem to be getting the problem.

Attachments

• 9D70A956-52D7-4683-8BBD-0D5B856663C5.jpeg
    9D70A956-52D7-4683-8BBD-0D5B856663C5.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
It seems no matter what changes are made, this error is unavoidable.

I’m going to go into my USB installer and have a look at the kexts there as it’s not booting, see what a clean install does later. Super frustrating but will persevere. The worst part is how perfectly it worked before the new GPU. I think I’ll look into getting a rx 590 in the future and selling the 1060 perhaps. That way I can go to Mojave.

Attachments

• C536BE13-9850-48FA-8490-9AB4BA134263.jpeg
    C536BE13-9850-48FA-8490-9AB4BA134263.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hi again,
I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this by removing any unnecessary kexts. Atm booting with just fakesmc, lilu and whateverGreen.

I’ve tried changing from 0x67 to 0x0 and 0x3. I’ve also tried switching out some of the uefi64drivers.

Do any of these new verbose codes mean anything to anybody?
04349DEC-AE8C-4428-BEC5-F73BAA1862D3.jpeg

Attachments

• C7A161E2-D2D0-41F4-AA7A-F1EA836DDF63.jpeg
    C7A161E2-D2D0-41F4-AA7A-F1EA836DDF63.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 68
Do any of these new verbose codes mean anything to anybody?

Serial ports (SuperIO) are known to conflict with graphics drivers and should be disabled in the BIOS settings :

Serial.png

Ah excellent, Cheers P1LGRIM. I recently reset my bios so it was probably re enabled then. When I get home I’ll disable, go over all my bios again and continue testing with different kexts.

Currently I’m testing:

Lilu
whateverGreen
NvidiaGraphicsFixup
NVWebDriverLibValFix

I will see if any configuration of these works and also test different combinations in the uefi64drivers☺️

Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back