Contribute
Register

Planning my new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Sorry for non-answering directly to your question but I am nearly at the same stage as you regarding my future first hackintosh

at the moment and until confirmation my choices are the following

MoBo: Gygabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3
Processor: Intel i7-6700K 4.0 Ghz
Graphic card: Gygabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti gaming 4G
Box: be quiet! silent base 600 BGW06
Ventirad CPU: be quiet! Dark Rock 3
PSU: be quiet! BN212 Power Zone 750W
Memory card: Ballistix Sport LT 2 x 8Go
SSD: Crucial 750Go
HD: Seagate Barracuda 3To

I take a quite powerful PSU as I thought that with my choice for the processor and graphic card I needed a powerful PSU

maybe we will have some answers which help us both for our choice

Hi

Sorry for non-answering directly to your question but I am nearly at the same stage as you regarding my future first hackintosh

at the moment and until confirmation my choices are the following

MoBo: Gygabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3
Processor: Intel i7-6700K 4.0 Ghz
Graphic card: Gygabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti gaming 4G
Box: be quiet! silent base 600 BGW06
Ventirad CPU: be quiet! Dark Rock 3
PSU: be quiet! BN212 Power Zone 750W
Memory card: Ballistix Sport LT 2 x 8Go
SSD: Crucial 750Go
HD: Seagate Barracuda 3To

I take a quite powerful PSU as I thought that with my choice for the processor and graphic card I needed a powerful PSU

maybe we will have some answers which help us both for our choice

Hi there.

I don't think the GTX 1050 is a good choice quite yet. There seems to be no support for them. Depending on your plans for the future it might be worth waiting before you spend, or instead stick with the models in the buying guide.

Good luck with your build!
:)

There will likely never be macOS compatible drivers from Nvidia for their Pascal GPUs. The have no good reason to release them. So cross the 1050 or Ti models off your list and go with a Maxewell GPU from Nvidia. The 950 or 960 would be a good mid-level graphics choice.

thanks both for your advices.
I read some posts in this forum about this graphic issue then I am indeed considering the models 950 or 960 (my usage are mainly office apps + few games mainly strategic ones + virtual machine with W7 for office apps and strategic games... no games like Far Cry or other ones of this kind).
What about the Wifi/Bluetooth card as I missed this component in my list but need it too any suggestion (I read in this forum some threads about the fence t919 but looks there are issues by using in parallel wifi and bluetooth).
Another question is that in my MacBookPro mid-2010 I have the infra-red and I used it with my apple remote paddle can I have the same with a hackintosh?

thanks both for your advices.
I read some posts in this forum about this graphic issue then I am indeed considering the models 950 or 960 (my usage are mainly office apps + few games mainly strategic ones + virtual machine with W7 for office apps and strategic games... no games like Far Cry or other ones of this kind).
What about the Wifi/Bluetooth card as I missed this component in my list but need it too any suggestion (I read in this forum some threads about the fence t919 but looks there are issues by using in parallel wifi and bluetooth).
Another question is that in my MacBookPro mid-2010 I have the infra-red and I used it with my apple remote paddle can I have the same with a hackintosh?
I have the T919 and can confirm that I have a lot of issues using wifi and bluetooth together. Do you happen to remember where you saw people talking about it? I'm trying to see if it can be fixed or if the card is just a bad buy and needs to be returned..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back