Contribute
Register

[Phase_Install] Coffee Lake build for fast DAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, and I need to read up on how to make the disk bootable without the stick as well :)

Copy everything from the EFI partition of your USB flash drive to the EFI partition of your system drive. Done.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, as well.

Did a geek bench on the build
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 17.35.26.png

@perdja

Hi my friend! Can you help me?

I have the same motherboard, ASUS 370-h and I can not configure the configuration file SSDT-USB.aml file should be placed in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder.

could you share the correct customized file?

@perdja

...could you share the correct customized file?

Hello FastCut, as I confessed in this post I do have to little knowledge in understanding how to make the correct config of the USB ports, sorry. My machine works well with the easy way out, but as @pastrychef has described in a post somewhere it is advisable to perform that configuration, but my lack of understanding and background knowledge currently prevents me.

Hello FastCut, as I confessed in this post I do have to little knowledge in understanding how to make the correct config of the USB ports, sorry. My machine works well with the easy way out, but as @pastrychef has described in a post somewhere it is advisable to perform that configuration, but my lack of understanding and background knowledge currently prevents me.
Thank you for responding
tell me please, do you have hard disks on the SATA ports?

Thank you for responding
tell me please, do you have hard disks on the SATA ports?

I planned to at first but I decided not to install any SATA drives as the rest of the hardware is very silent. The fans never seem to kick in with the load from DAW applications. The 1TB NVME is all i need. Got about half left after having installed software and samples. I'm doing project backups on a separate NAS.

[EDIT] This finding is actually driving towards making another one based on mITX board. The ideal would be to use the motherboard graphics capabilities as I suppose it is a major overkill to install a games oriented graphics cards. But since it was the first hackintosh build ever i wanted it to be an as smooth ride as possible installing.

Last edited:
understood thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back