Contribute
Register

[Phase_Install] Coffee Lake build for fast DAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, got it! Then the remaining question: can not find target installation folder for the usb port fix .aml and .dst files. What is the path?

Then after this I feel entirely prepared to assemble the hardware and get the fingers dirty! Again, invaluable support on this site!

The USB fix in my guide is very motherboard specific. Do not use the files in my guide for any motherboard other than the Strix Z370-G. Until you have mapped and compiled the SSDT-USB.aml file for your motherboard, continue to use the USB 15 port limit "KextsToPatch" in config.plist.

For reference, the SSDT-USB.aml file should be placed in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder.

OK, so I got everything assembled now and started setting up the BIOS as per @pastrychef instructions. However I can not find the PCIE option in the drop down for the Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/Primary Display . I only have AUTO/IGFX/PEG to choose from in the dropdown.

Can I continue the software installation or what is wrong?

OK, so I got everything assembled now and started setting up the BIOS as per @pastrychef instructions. However I can not find the PCIE option in the drop down for the Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/Primary Display . I only have AUTO/IGFX/PEG to choose from in the dropdown.

Can I continue the software installation or what is wrong?

PEG is the same as PCI-e.

Current status:
* BIOS set accordingly
* Installation to target drive "High Sierra" completed until reboot.
* When rebooting target drive it reaches 9/10 of the progress bar, then the screen shortly flicker followed by system freeze.

Will try to understand what causes this.

I just noticed you are using AMD RX 580. You need to edit your config.plist and enable RadeonDeInit.

In Clover Configurtor, go to the Graphics section and put a check next to RadeonDeInit.

I just noticed you are using AMD RX 580. You need to edit your config.plist and enable RadeonDeInit.

In Clover Configurtor, go to the Graphics section and put a check next to RadeonDeInit.

I realise how infinitely shallow my knowledge is. I found this in Clover. Is it this you are referring to? Tried the first option as is was the only one relating to Radeon but had no success.
4zNKF2W.jpg

do you know how to solve the host level exception error while botting to sierra installer?
sorry if this is offtopic

do you know how to solve the host level exception error while botting to sierra installer?
sorry if this is offtopic

Sorry. I have no idea. I recommend that you start a new thread in the High Sierra support sub-forum and provide a picture of the verbose boot mode. More info is needed than just "host level exception".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back