Contribute
Register

Perfectly working installation. GA-Z170-D3H, i7 Skylake, 32GB RAM, (iMac 17,1) (Success)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I updated this guide for Sierra. There are some changes to the NVIDIA bootflag in new version of clover, plus sometimes the Web Driver setting in the NVIDIA Prefpane do not stick. Look here and solution no.6 here.
Also suggest undoing your other fixes. Especially kext ones.

Hey, I updated this guide for Sierra. There are some changes to the NVIDIA bootflag in new version of clover, plus sometimes the Web Driver setting in the NVIDIA Prefpane do not stick. Look here and solution no.6 here.
BTW - Using system definition 14,2 avoided a lot of the black screen issues with NVIDIA web drivers that I had when using 17,1 (see my sierra guide)

is anyone using this build for pro-audio?

Looking for these options:

-32gb ram
-support for noctua nf-f12's or similar ultra low noise cooling options
-PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard), Thunderbolt-port for supported PCIe-chassis or CoreAudio-supported audio device
-Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools
-supports FireWire 800

I basically want to drive this computer like a imac pro and use it for recording and post production.

P.s. Also looking for a badass rack mount chassis for this!

Overall I'd say this guide would work. I'd probably use a bigger chassis, these mini chassis don't have space for lots of cards.

-32gb ram

No problem. I'm using 32GB Ram

-support for noctua nf-f12's or similar ultra low noise cooling options

Cooling options shouldn't be an issue. These are largely BIOS controlled, so if the motherboard supports it, it should work.

-PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard), Thunderbolt-port for supported PCIe-chassis or CoreAudio-supported audio device

Shouldn't be an issue if it's a PCIe card and OS X has drivers.

-Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools

Don't know enough about that.

-supports FireWire 800

Shouldn't be an issue with a supported card.

-I basically want to drive this computer like a imac pro and use it for recording and post production.

With a bit of digging you can work out which brand of cards Apple uses and buy the same (or very similar) one. In these cases OsX has all the drivers already and it just works (possibly with a bit of config with Clover). For example Apple uses Broadcom wifi/BT cards. I got the same one and it just worked, but a lot of the supported options have already been found and are in the recommended hardware guide on this site. I would try and stick to the supported hardware in the tony Mac hardware guide as far as possible. Saves a LOT of digging!

If you can't find something supported for a specific feature you need, search ****** hackintosh thread and tonymac for the feature you want and see if you can find anyone who's tried a build with the piece before you buy it.

Finally- look at my Sierra guide. It's actually easier than this one and more up to date. (High Sierra will also offer native support for a lot of the new NVIDIA cards which can be a pain in ElCap and Sierra).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back