Contribute
Register

Perfectly working installation. GA-Z170-D3H, i7 Skylake, 32GB RAM, (iMac 17,1) (Success)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this install I have successfully upgraded to 10.11.6 using the App Store. The only thing I had to update was the NVIDIA web drivers. I have not installed Sierra (I generally wait for at least 2 or 3 updates because they come pretty fast). I'll post any success/issues here when I do.

In BIOS Features
  1. Fast Boot: Disabled
  2. VT-d: Disable

Hi, I can not find VT-d at bios features, only at the chipset. Can you help me?

I am currently running on a Z170X-UD5, 6700K, Nvidia GTX 760, right now I think using iMac 14,1 iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) identifier. MacOS 10.12.2 installed
If I run the latest multibeast and select iMac 17,1 will this work with my setup or will I have to do some other mods.

Thanks
Steven

If I run the latest multibeast and select iMac 17,1 will this work with my setup or will I have to do some other mods.

I tried iMac 17,1 but had a problem with the monitor instantly going to sleep after booting, i.e. black screen unless "nv_disable=1" was set into Clover's "Boot Options." Although this problem has been treated by "Shilohh" in his forum article, I found that trying to run his app under 10.12.2 didn't work... i.e. I was unable to totally disable SIP. So I went back to iMac 14,2 as selected in Multibeast 9.0.1, which works perfectly on my setup. (I do think iMac 17,1 could be made to work on my system, but am too lazy to try that again. Others on the forum have had success.)

thanks for the reply, thats what I thought I am trying to keep my system as simple as possible and not have to modify a bunch of stuff. Would I benefit at all in upgrading my GTX 760 to something else but still have a OOB experience? meaning no custom mods?

thanks for the reply, thats what I thought I am trying to keep my system as simple as possible and not have to modify a bunch of stuff. Would I benefit at all in upgrading my GTX 760 to something else but still have a OOB experience? meaning no custom mods?

Well, I have a MSI nVidia GTX 750 Ti (low profile), and it runs just fine on the video game "Obduction" except for very slight stuttering when the avatar is rotated. So unless you want better performance than that, I'd say your GTX 760 would work fine.

Last edited:
It's an excellent guide. Thank you. My configuration is almost exactly the same, but I continue to have blank screen issues. I tried Shilohh's fix as well as Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixit kext without any success. Please Please Please could I ask you to upload your EFI directory (obviously with the confidential stuff x'd out), so I can try to copy and paste to my rig?

It's an excellent guide. Thank you. My configuration is almost exactly the same, but I continue to have blank screen issues. I tried Shilohh's fix as well as Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixit kext without any success. Please Please Please could I ask you to upload your EFI directory (obviously with the confidential stuff x'd out), so I can try to copy and paste to my rig?
Hey, I updated this guide for Sierra. There are some changes to the NVIDIA bootflag in new version of clover, plus sometimes the Web Driver setting in the NVIDIA Prefpane do not stick. Look here and solution no.6 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back