Contribute
Register

PCIE (Network Card) Driver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for me not knowing the correct info, I'll get back to you ASAP as I want this as much as you do to end this thread happily :) Top secrent info XD

EDIT 2: Right, I've gone into "About This Mac" > "More Info..." > "System Report" > "Ethernet Cards". It says "Reaktek RTL8168E-VL/8111E-VL PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet". Also, in the PCI Cards tab, it's blank, it supposed to be like that?

Last edited:
Sorry for me not knowing the correct info, I'll get back to you ASAP as I want this as much as you do to end this thread happily :) Top secrent info XD

EDIT 2: Right, I've gone into "About This Mac" > "More Info..." > "System Report" > "Ethernet Cards". It says "Reaktek RTL8168E-VL/8111E-VL PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet". Also, in the PCI Cards tab, it's blank, it supposed to be like that?

I am guessing that this is a wireless card and this is what you are trying to get working.

If you look in Network Utility then you can distinguish between Ethernet (en0) and wifi (en1). If you have not already done so then use disk Utility to repair disk permissions and then reboot.

If the card is recognised but does not appear to work then you can

• Delete the interfaces in System preferences/Network/
  • Delete the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • Reboot
  • Go to System Preferences/Network and add ethernet (en0) network using the '+' option at the bottom of the screen. Repeat for (en1) wifi

I'll try this right now, Ill get back to you right after! :headbang:

EDIT 2: Again, in "Network Utility", all I have is "Ethernet (en0)" and "Built-in Serial Port (1) (serial)"
No WIFI option was at the present. For the ethernet, it's says Vendor: Realtek & Model: RTL8168E-VL/8111E-VL. Link status is Inactive. I don't see why my network card is detected as an ethernet only card :banghead:

EDIT 3: In "Preferences", I don't even have the file... "NetworkInterfaces.plist".

Last edited:
I'll try this right now, Ill get back to you right after! :headbang:

EDIT 2: Again, in "Network Utility", all I have is "Ethernet (en0)" and "Built-in Serial Port (1) (serial)"
No WIFI option was at the present. For the ethernet, it's says Vendor: Realtek & Model: RTL8168E-VL/8111E-VL. Link status is Inactive. I don't see why my network card is detected as an ethernet only card :banghead:

EDIT 3: In "Preferences", I don't even have the file... "NetworkInterfaces.plist".

NetworkInterfaces.png
Click to enlarge image - should be something like this. Right click to move to trash.

Checking again, I don't even have the "CaptiveNetworkSupport" folder either. :O To get there, I'm using this terminal command: "open /System/Library" and I clicked on System Configuration, and hit the problem head on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back