GTX 760 Overclocked 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I have a problem with my Networking card. I installed the drivers from Multibeast (Realtek RTL81892) and it still doesn't work. [Hope this post is in the correct forum section, if not, sorry about that) Ethernet works brilliantly, super fast!

My setup:
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z87 HD3
CPU: Intel Core-i5 3670k
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
GPU: NVDIA GTX 760 2GB Overclocked
PCIE CARD: Realtek RTL8168e-VL

Any new information would help! Thanks in advance! :D
Cheers! :thumbup:

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Networking card. I installed the drivers from Multibeast (Realtek RTL81892) and it still doesn't work. [Hope this post is in the correct forum section, if not, sorry about that) Ethernet works brilliantly, super fast!

My setup:
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z87 HD3
CPU: Intel Core-i5 3670k
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
GPU: NVDIA GTX 760 2GB Overclocked
PCIE CARD: Realtek RTL8168e-VL

Any new information would help! Thanks in advance! :D
Cheers! :thumbup:

I don't understand how you have brilliantly fast ethernet but no internet. The PCIE card that you list will work with RealtekRTL8111 and possibly Realtek81xx kexts.

Are you trying to run two ethernet ports from your motherboard? If so does the UEFI/BIOS give options for this?

The thing is that my network card doesn't work, as in,it is not being detected on Mavericks. Also, when you install Mavericks, the option of "Wifi, Ethernet" or "The computer does not connect to the internet" for Wifi was greyed out. It didn't give me the option for Wireless. I'm not sure what to do anymore, I only have 1 ethernet cable plugged in to it so it's not the case of having more than 1 ethernet cable connected at once.
:banghead: :|

Last edited:
The thing is that my network card doesn't work, as in,it is not being detected on Mavericks. Also, when you install Mavericks, the option of "Wifi, Ethernet" or "The computer does not connect to the internet" for Wifi was greyed out. It didn't give me the option for Wireless. I'm not sure what to do anymore, I only have 1 ethernet cable plugged in to it so it's not the case of having more than 1 ethernet cable connected at once.
:banghead: :|

According to Gigabyte, your motherboard LAN is Realtek. Selecting one of the Realtek options should work. If not then you could use Disk Utility and repair disk permissions. Then reboot.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4489#sp

Have you tried using Windows or Linux to ascertain if the motherboard network port is working. You can download Linux onto a DVD or USB drive and boot from this media to see if the port is connected. Ubuntu link is in the buyers guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/446-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-october-2014.html#oses

One other thing to note is that when using Chameleon or Chimera as a bootloader you must have the ethernet cable connected at boot to work. In Clover it is possible to plug the ethernet in after booting and it will work.

I've used ethernet when I had Windows 7 Ultimate. It used to work fine and so does on Mavericks, but wireless, as you know doesn't. By the way, in "System Prefernces" my PCIE card is detected as an Ethernet card. Thanks for being for at my assistance through this haggle, hopefully I can get a positive result at the end of this :)

Much appriciated,
Adam.

The GA-Z87-HD3 is not supplied with a wireless card, but there are wireless cards in the buyers guide that do work. Going back to the ethernet port on your motherboard - your going to need to try some of the suggestions that I have given you and provide feedback.

I have the GA-H87-HD3 version of this board and ethernet works just fine. I do not see other Z87-HD3 users having ethernet issues either. If you create an installation the motherboards ethernet port should be picked up by OS X when you do the installation with The UniBeast created USB flash drive. Os x should set everything up automatically if ethernet is connected to the motherboard at the time of installation.

Ethernet works fine, it always had whether it be Windows or OSX. My problem is Wireless. Wifi only works with ethernet, wireless doesn't. Sorry for the stern attitude, but I'm getting annoyed with my silly network card :p

EDIT 2: The ports are fine, tested again with Windows 7. I still don't know what wrong, the network card (Realtek RTL8168e-VL) or my motherboard (Gigabtye Z87 HD3). Also, when I go into /S/L/E, I don't even see the RTL8111.kext file. It's like Multibeast didn't install anything.

Last edited:
It's the Realtek RTL8168e-VL, it's listed on my 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back