Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was searching around for the cause of your problem and came across this post. He indicated that the cause of his problem was AppleHDA.kext. You can try to extract a clean AppleHDA.kext from the macOS installer and replace the one on your system now.

I’ve read I need to use Pacifist to get a clean AppleHDA.kext. Where do I need to put the clean file? Just use kextbeast and put it in Library\Extensions?

I’ve read I need to use Pacifist to get a clean AppleHDA.kext. Where do I need to put the clean file? Just use kextbeast and put it in Library\Extensions?
I added a clean AppleHDA to the Extensions folder. Rebooted and still was getting same errors. Booted in single user and cleared kextcache.

Audio is working in single user, but now I’m getting slightly different kext stalls and some ACPI messages I’ve never seen before.

Attachments

• AE7D7323-B017-48D7-BC4F-308DC471F9CA.jpeg
    AE7D7323-B017-48D7-BC4F-308DC471F9CA.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 80
I added a clean AppleHDA to the Extensions folder. Rebooted and still was getting same errors. Booted in single user and cleared kextcache.

Audio is working in single user, but now I’m getting slightly different kext stalls and some ACPI messages I’ve never seen before.

Please post the EFI folder you are using now.

I think I'm doing everything correctly but the output device is still not detected. Could it be because I'm using a CMT and not the SFF version? Is it working for anyone else with the CMT?

I think I'm doing everything correctly but the output device is still not detected. Could it be because I'm using a CMT and not the SFF version? Is it working for anyone else with the CMT?

I don't know if there's a difference. Can you post your original DSDT.dsl?

Attaching. I get this warning when generating it:

iASL Warning: There were 15 external control methods found during disassembly, but only 10 were resolved (5 unresolved). Additional ACPI tables may be required to properly disassemble the code.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    391.2 KB · Views: 90
Attaching. I get this warning when generating it:

iASL Warning: There were 15 external control methods found during disassembly, but only 10 were resolved (5 unresolved). Additional ACPI tables may be required to properly disassemble the code.

Try this one.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 69
Updated to macOS 10.13.4 via App Store without any issues. Audio, video, USB, everything seems to be working fine.

Updated to macOS 10.13.4 via App Store without any issues. Audio, video, USB, everything seems to be working fine.

Same experience here. Nvidia drivers cause no problems. Everything is more fluid and faster too. I'm using APFS on my SSD and the Gigabyte GT 1050 graphics card. Good job Apple and Nvidia ! Finally.

Just one more thought on Nvidia Drivers. Most everyone who complains about how bad the Nvidia Web drivers are forgets one important fact. They are writing them for real Mac Pros, not Skylake or newer based Hacks that many are using. The Mac Pro, classic design, not trash can, ended in 2012. The 2013 MP only used AMD graphics. It would really be asking a lot for them to make them work perfectly with macOS running on Intel based desktops from 2015-2018. They are in no way obligated to do that.

Last edited:
Also updated to 10.13.4 with no issues. HD4000 graphics still worked, audio (Voodoo HDA) still working over DP, no immediate issues.

Have since installed Radeon RX560 and after a few reboots it appears to be working (no changes to Clover, not additional kexts), and dual displays worked immediately (DP and HDMI). What isn't immediately working is sound over HDMI or DP and I also had a crash to black screen when running FCPX.

More testing and reading needed.

The fan on my RX560 has been silent (not turning) so far, but haven't been stressing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back