Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LiluFriend.kext helps Lilu and its plugins load first when they are installed in /Library/Extensions/. This should only help. NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext helps enable HDMI audio and allows the Nvidia web drivers to run as platform binaries which, again, should only help.

In your config.plist, I made a change to the order in your ACPI DSDT renames and tried different nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1 settings.

I also replaced OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with AptioMemoryFix.efi. This will restore native NVRAM for you. I use this on my Elite 8300 and it works fine. Also, I replaced the VboxHfs.efi with HFSPlus.efi which works much better.

So, if you see OsxAptioFix2 during boot, you know you are not booting from the EFI I provided.

Okay, I am reinstalling High Sierra again.

When finished, do I need to run MultiBeast again or can I just mount my EFI partition and replace it with the one you asked me to test?

My audio device is still not detected. Any tips on how to troubleshoot? How do I know if the DSDT.aml is even being used?

I used your config.plist file and that didn't help.

Okay, I am reinstalling High Sierra again.

When finished, do I need to run MultiBeast again or can I just mount my EFI partition and replace it with the one you asked me to test?

You will need to run MultiBeast again.

My audio device is still not detected. Any tips on how to troubleshoot? How do I know if the DSDT.aml is even being used?

I used your config.plist file and that didn't help.

Did you get rid of VoodooHDA?
Did you use KextBeast to install AppleALC.kext?
Is your DSDT.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/?
Are you sure you are booting from the correct EFI partition?
What do you see in the Sound system preference?

Did you get rid of VoodooHDA?
I never used it because its a fresh install.

Did you use KextBeast to install AppleALC.kext?
Yes to /L/E. Going to try downloading and installing again.

Is your DSDT.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/?
Yes. Going to try patching again.

Are you sure you are booting from the correct EFI partition?
Yes. Don't have USB plugged in nor any other hard drives.

What do you see in the Sound system preference?
It says "No output devices found."

So I reinstalled with no issues. Ran MultiBeast, rebooted, again, no issues. Replaced my EFI folder with the one you gave me. I reinstalled the 3 kexts you link in the native audio guide, plus lilohelper using kextbeast. I removed FakeSMC from ~/Library/Extensions as it was already in /Other.

Rebooted and back to square one, plus other kexts are stalling and CPU reporter says that the CPU is not supported.

Attachments

• 3C5ABF63-C406-4DC7-89B7-36E80E5DB6B4.jpeg
    3C5ABF63-C406-4DC7-89B7-36E80E5DB6B4.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 87
I never used it because its a fresh install.

Yes to /L/E. Going to try downloading and installing again.

Yes. Going to try patching again.

Yes. Don't have USB plugged in nor any other hard drives.

It says "No output devices found."

Sounds like the DSDT.aml isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back