Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the link, the renames are there in the event that the USB is not using Apple's USB drivers. If you have no problems, I guess you don't need the rename. I had the renames there since I first installed macOS on my 8300 and I don't know if mine has any issues without the renames.

Yes, I have AppleIntelCPUPM=Yes. I believe that's set automatically when you use MultiBeast. I've never had to manually enable it. If you followed the instructions and used MultiBeast, it should be enabled by decault as well.

Ah OK, thanks!

Following the earlier graphics conversation, I have the opportunity to pickup an OEM Radeon RX560 - single slot and no 6 pin power required. I've just spent a bunch of time reading but not sure what the latest is (the AMD thread is 200+ pages long...). Does anybody here know if it will work (OOB or with work) in my HP 8300?

Following the earlier graphics conversation, I have the opportunity to pickup an OEM Radeon RX560 - single slot and no 6 pin power required. I've just spent a bunch of time reading but not sure what the latest is (the AMD thread is 200+ pages long...). Does anybody here know if it will work (OOB or with work) in my HP 8300?

It should work with just (1) Radeon DeInit enabled in config.plist or (2) Lilu.kext + WhateverGreen.kext.

It should work with just (1) Radeon DeInit enabled in config.plist or (2) Lilu.kext + WhateverGreen.kext.
Sounds good. I'm also hoping it might work without any of that when 13.3.4 gets released. I 've just ordered it, and don't have the ability to return, so will report back!

Thanks but I'm still not sure I understand. My USB ports were functional without renaming.

I have to use the AppleIntelCPUPM (previously called AsusAICPUPM) patch to boot, but don't see that in the instructions on page 1. Are you guys able to boot without using that flag?
I think there's an issue with some of the internal USB ports not working if the ports aren't renamed. I know the BT on my my pci-e wifi+bt card wasn't working until I did the rename. The BT on the card is powered via an internal USB cable that connects the card to a port on the motherboard.

I think there's an issue with some of the internal USB ports not working if the ports aren't renamed. I know the BT on my my pci-e wifi+bt card wasn't working until I did the rename. The BT on the card is powered via an internal USB cable that connects the card to a port on the motherboard.

The Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards use the internal USB headers for Bluetooth data, not power. The card is powered through the PCI-e slot.

I just tested FileVault on my 8300. It works fine. Just add AsAmiShim.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

*Note: I use a wired USB keyboard. I don't know if there would be any problems if you use a Bluetooth keyboard.

Attachments

• AsAmiShim.efi.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 72
Thanks @pastrychef! Worked like a charm!! I've successfully installed High Sierra and Nvidia Drivers on 8300.

would you willing to share EFI folder ? I am trying to install fresh high Sierra . no success yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back