Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgrade to High Sierra went smoothly, just need to find the instructions to remove the extra volumes from the Clover boot screen.

I did have the YaraScanServices process run amok. It was using 14 GB of ram after less than an hour. I force quit it, but will keep an eye out. It's apparently related to the macOS malware scanner.

Hi I'm thinking about buying a refurbished HP 8200 i7-2, just to use mostly photoshop cc for digital painting do you think that can hold up the expectations?

I think it might be passable, but I've never tried hackintoshing an 8200 and I don't know if it has UEFI. If it doesn't have UEFI, you will have to do a "legacy" installation. That's something I have zero experience with.

I think it might be passable, but I've never tried hackintoshing an 8200 and I don't know if it has UEFI. If it doesn't have UEFI, you will have to do a "legacy" installation. That's something I have zero experience with.
I read that it has UEFI. Comparing the specs from the macBook pro it stays almost side by side.

So, after a week of HS I'm noticing a few things.

(1) Wake from sleep seems slow. I think I've read this may be due to the Nvidia drivers, but I haven't tried rebooting to the native driver to check; it's only been an infrequent, minor annoyance.

(2) I'd been getting a LOT of web pages crashing in Safari/Sierra for the last few months ("A problem occurred, so this web page was reloaded" or something like that.) I don't think I've had a single one under HS.

Overall seems like a solid update - which one would hope would be the case by the .6 version almost a year after release...

I read that it has UEFI. Comparing the specs from the macBook pro it stays almost side by side.

If it has UEFI, installation of macOS should be relatively simple.

So, after a week of HS I'm noticing a few things.

(1) Wake from sleep seems slow. I think I've read this may be due to the Nvidia drivers, but I haven't tried rebooting to the native driver to check; it's only been an infrequent, minor annoyance.

(2) I'd been getting a LOT of web pages crashing in Safari/Sierra for the last few months ("A problem occurred, so this web page was reloaded" or something like that.) I don't think I've had a single one under HS.

Overall seems like a solid update - which one would hope would be the case by the .6 version almost a year after release...

On 10.13.6, wake seems slower on my Z370-G build too.

(2) I'd been getting a LOT of web pages crashing in Safari/Sierra for the last few months ("A problem occurred, so this web page was reloaded" or something like that.) I don't think I've had a single one under HS...
I get this occasionally on my MacBook Pro using FireFox. So, it could be macOS or our DSN provider.

I managed to change the fans. Noctua was in backorder, so I went with Arctic PVM 92mm fans. Seems to be working fine, and the fans themselves are virtually silent now. The airflow can still be heard though.
@PBL sorry for bringing up an old post, but was the PSU fan swap straightforward? Soldering job I presume. Is the PSU fan speed controlled or not? Haven't opened my PSU up yet and keen to only do the job once :)

Yes, it was rather straightforward. Not soldered, as far as I remember. I don't know if the PSU-fan speed is controlled or not. You could find out be detaching the other fan and then changing the settings in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back