Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was rather straightforward. Not soldered, as far as I remember. I don't know if the PSU-fan speed is controlled or not. You could find out be detaching the other fan and then changing the settings in BIOS.
Interesting, that's great. I will open things up to check before I order some fans :)

It should.
Just following this up, it appears to have worked fine on the latest 3.07 BIOS. However a slight hiccup - in order to do the fixes, you need to be connected to the internet, otherwise the list of options is empty!

Just following this up, it appears to have worked fine on the latest 3.07 BIOS. However a slight hiccup - in order to do the fixes, you need to be connected to the internet, otherwise the list of options is empty!

Which options?

Has anyone tested the DSDT audio fix with Mojave public beta yet? I know that Apple removed support for Audio-id 11. I believe that the latest AppleALC has workarounds to address the Audio-ids that have lost support, but not sure if it's working in the case of the HP 8300...

Which options?
Sorry for delay. When I mean options I mean these:
Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 5.38.07 AM.png
It doesn't give an error it just has an empty list! I was configuring everything else before connecting to internet but had to connect to get this going.

Sorry for delay. When I mean options I mean these:
View attachment 347067
It doesn't give an error it just has an empty list! I was configuring everything else before connecting to internet but had to connect to get this going.

Ah. Yes. Those are fetched from the repositories.

Hi all, been running an i5 8300 for a year or so. Tried to upgrade from an older usb wireless to a recommended pci e card (fenvi) for Bluetooth and wireless. Very very likely noob issue, but not seeing installed and expect it’s user error. I see 1 spot to install card and 2 areas to connect to board. Is there something else I could be missing? Supposed to be plug and play.
Thanks!

My card was plug and play but it wasn't a Fenvi one. You might get more help if you list the exact model and perhaps a photo of what you have connected? I had to connect my card to the motherboard USB in order for bluetooth to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back