Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been awhile since I've been here. Just wanted to drop a line & say I got good news: found a way to upgrade the PSU in my HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT (convertable mini tower), more on this later, I'll save someone else all the headache I went thru on my journey once I find a good stopping point for documentation.

Meanwhile, back to the question I wanted to ask. I want to upgrade internal hardware now that I am upgrading the PSU: are hackintosh compatible with PCIe SATA controllers?

It's been awhile since I've been here. Just wanted to drop a line & say I got good news: found a way to upgrade the PSU in my HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT (convertable mini tower), more on this later, I'll save someone else all the headache I went thru on my journey once I find a good stopping point for documentation.

Meanwhile, back to the question I wanted to ask. I want to upgrade internal hardware now that I am upgrading the PSU: are hackintosh compatible with PCIe SATA controllers?

Sir, you really have my attention now. I've been searching for a solution, before buying a HP rig for gaming and hackintoshing. After reading a lot of forums - noting to use a homemade ATX converter cable or a special second PSU -, felt like I'm going to be okay with an EVGA GTX750Ti SC :D But what if not...so I am eagerly waiting for your solution.

I can confirm that this Kingston RAM also works in the 8300.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J8E8Y5C/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
61beYW-XuPL._SL1000_.jpg

Updated to macOS Sierra 10.12.2 via App Store with no problems. After update, on first reboot, the Nvidia system preference will say update is require and offer to install.

Sir, you really have my attention now. I've been searching for a solution, before buying a HP rig for gaming and hackintoshing. After reading a lot of forums - noting to use a homemade ATX converter cable or a special second PSU -, felt like I'm going to be okay with an EVGA GTX750Ti SC :D But what if not...so I am eagerly waiting for your solution.
Coming soon! I'm waiting for the parts to come in from China...

Updated to macOS Sierra 10.12.2 via App Store with no problems. After update, on first reboot, the Nvidia system preference will say update is require and offer to install.

I'm having issues, I'm pressing space bar on "Boot macOS Install from [my Hackintosh]" and selecting "Boot macOS without injected kexted" & run into the black screen & white circle with strikeout.... Any suggestions?

Trying to update El Capitan to Sierra

Here is what I did when I upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra: #55

I have been out of the OSX86 loop for a few years. What makes the 8300 easier to hackintosh than other pre-built systems of the era? Are there issues with intel Haswell generation processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back