Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that file vault doesn't work but is there any issues using the TPM and bitlocker on my windows 10 drive as it pertains to Clover and booting up? My HP laptop with TPM requires a PIN for bitlocker before it even shows the bios and that seems like it would jam up clover. I try to run full disk encryption on my machines that I do my personal stuff on, banking, docs, pics, also my work won't allow VPN without it being enabled so there is that as well.

I'm stuck. Trying to get the recommended DCPImanager but the only version I could find for SL didn't work as described. I deleted the .plist file but not getting anywhere.

Look at your system info for ethernet cards and see what it says there.
What does it show after BSD name ?

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Ethernet card does not show up on the hardware list.

I figured out I could upgrade to 10.6.8 combo by downloading from Apple without going through the store.

full

I now see Ethernet Cards but none are listed.

But the Ethernet card work fine when I boot into Windows.

full

I would perform a clean install of Snow Leopard and try again. Of course disconnect the Windows Drive
before doing this. Also uninstall and USB or PCI-e Wifi cards if you have them installed.

Last edited:
I've done several clean installs and always disconnect my win drive. I just have to find a Mac so I don't have to go through Snow Leopard.

I've done several clean installs and always disconnect my win drive. I just have to find a Mac so I don't have to go through Snow Leopard.
You can also find a refurb/used HP 7900/8000 or Dell 760/780 on Ebay and install on those if you can't find a Mac.
Can be found in the 30-40 dollar range. Also try local sites like Craig's List.

Still trying to solve my network card problem. Can't get online.

So I found my copy for Mountain Lion on a USB that I downloaded from the Apple Store back in 2012 during my first hackintosh attempt. I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 running but no network. I have to use the iBoot for Ivy Bridge to get started. As I start going through Unibeast I get the message that says it's incomplete and log into the Apple Store and download again. If I could get the ethernet card to show up I could maybe do that.

Since I had Snow Leopard running I tried to run Multibeast and install the network kexts, but the Multibeast for SnowLeoopard did not have the choice pastrychef listed at the top of this tutorial for network which is IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d3.

Anything else I can do to get Unibeast to see Mountain Lion as coming from the Apple Store? I copyed the ML install.app to the Applciations folder.

Sorry for my density. Thanks for any advice...

If you have the Mt. Lion Unibeast installer that you made in 2012, install that first onto your SSD/HDD Then you should be able to get your networking going to get to the MAS for Sierra. Make sure to change They system def from the default MacPro 3,1 to something newer like iMac 14,2. You simply boot from the ML USB drive to get to the ML installer, no need for iBoot.

Just a note from my experience with an 8300 USFF. The BIOS it came with was 2.05 from 2012. The Unibeast installer would not boot. Flashed to ver. 2.99 and everything went smoothly. So if you are having any problems with the install Flash to 2.99. You can go one version higher but that does not add any benefits that I can see. If you want to go to 3.02 you'll need to flash to 2.99 first anyway. I just decided to stop there as everything works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it is how the saying goes.

Capture UEFI.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back