Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
you had given me an updated version of clover /ive instaslled it but when i restart my pc it starts up as the older one ...

The EFI folder I posted should be installed on the EFI partition of the your main system drive.

The EFI folder I posted should be installed on the EFI partition of the your main system drive.
Right , I’m talking about clover so when I boot up my system it’s the clover that starts up mine is the old version you gave me a link to the new version I downloaded it but it still starts up as the old version

Right , I’m talking about clover so when I boot up my system it’s the clover that starts up mine is the old version you gave me a link to the new version I downloaded it but it still starts up as the old version

You have to set your BIOS to boot from the correct drive.

I upgraded to an i7-8700K and Strix Z370-G motherboard. Fortunately, I found a nice home for my old i7-7700K and Z170 Gene.

A fashion/accessories/jewelry designer friend had been having all sorts of troubles with the 2017 MacBook Pro and ended up exchanging 3 of them due to graphics issues before giving up and taking my HP Elite 8300 on loan to get her work done. After living with the Elite 8300 for about a month, she was convinced that a hackintosh could fit her needs. As fate would have it, I had been having dreams of the i7-8700K. Fast forward about two months later and this is what I've put together for her...

View attachment 301597 View attachment 301598View attachment 301601View attachment 301602
@pastrychef you forgot the colored Apple logo sticker on the front of the white Cerberus case. Obviously you can't use the standard white version as it won't be visible. Here's a pic of one I used on a Bitfenix itx build from about 5 years ago. The classic Mac logo sticker looks good on a white case too. Rainbow Mac Logo

upload_2018-5-15_8-31-48.png

Last edited:
@pastrychef you forgot the colored Apple logo sticker on the front of the white Cerberus case. Obviously you can't use the standard white version as it won't be visible. Here's a pic of one I used on a Bitfenix itx build from about 5 years ago. The classic Mac logo sticker looks good on a white case too. Rainbow Mac Logo

Wow. Did you remove the bottom legs of that case?? Before I actually built my first build, I was seriously considering Bitfenix case but I had read that the legs were not as strong as some had hoped...

The blue Apple logo looks good! I'll have to search around buy some for future builds.

Wow. Did you remove the bottom legs of that case?? Before I actually built my first build, I was seriously considering Bitfenix case but I had read that the legs were not as strong as some had hoped...

The blue Apple logo looks good! I'll have to search around buy some for future builds.
Yes, the wobble of that case was it's achilles heel so to speak. I sold it a few years ago. Couldn't keep it just to look at. I'm more function over form than the opposite.

I'm more function over form than the opposite.

Yes, I've gone with function over form as well. My current case isn't very pretty but it does the job well. It's fairly compact and I'm able to install lots of hard drives in it. I really love the hot swap bays.

You have to set your BIOS to boot from the correct drive.
I did it’s set to boot from the efi in my Samsung 250 ssd and it still boots in the old version

You can run the Clover installer to update it.
OMG it worked lol / so I would like to stabilize my set up more then it is now. Any tips ? currently my third monitor is still not working its saying that the input is not recognized . Also I am ruinning dual boot do you think that could be why I experience so much issues or is it user error lol ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back