Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
If/when you decided to change the system definition to iMac18,3, I would recommend generating new serial number, UUID, and board serial number.

MultiBeast will help you update to iMac18,3

About the system defs, I think I'll hit that after I fix these shutdown issues.
The iMessage fix has been applied to my current build, so it's a no brainer.

I've read a little bit about overclocking the non-K Kaby Lake CPUs. It seemed extremely "hacky" and, personally, I would avoid it.

Definitely! I felt the same way. Not willing to brick my processor.

My 10.3.3 system, with the supplemental update and Nvidia 158 is very good. No lag, Handoff, sound and sleep and wakeup are no problem, except that after the overnight sleep the mouse and keyboard aren't active. I have to do a forced reboot. I have the recommended power settings, autopoweroff turned off, etc. Where should I be looking?

My 10.3.3 system, with the supplemental update and Nvidia 158 is very good. No lag, Handoff, sound and sleep and wakeup are no problem, except that after the overnight sleep the mouse and keyboard aren't active. I have to do a forced reboot. I have the recommended power settings, autopoweroff turned off, etc. Where should I be looking?

Weird... I honestly don't know... Maybe a different Darkwake setting can fix it. In the past, I've had to use Darkwake, Darkwake=0, and Darkwake=1 with this motherboard.

Thanks, Pastrychef. I tried to clone my 10.3.3 build to my Samsung SM951 from the LaCie d2 external drive it was running on, using Carbon Copy Cloner, but for some reason each time I tried the LaCie became unavailable about 2/3rd the way through. So I did a fresh install on the Samsung using the same method, and it completed without any issues. EtreCheck gave it a good report, and the performance was excellent.

The best part is that the system now sleeps and wakes flawlessly. Everything else still works.

Thanks, Pastrychef. I tried to clone my 10.3.3 build to my Samsung SM951 from the LaCie d2 external drive it was running on, using Carbon Copy Cloner, but for some reason each time I tried the LaCie became unavailable about 2/3rd the way through. So I did a fresh install on the Samsung using the same method, and it completed without any issues. EtreCheck gave it a good report, and the performance was excellent.

The best part is that the system now sleeps and wakes flawlessly. Everything else still works.

That's great!

In case you were unaware, forum member wombat94 has written an extremely useful script to aid users to make backups using Carbon Copy Cloner.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/eficlone-automatic-backup-of-the-efi-partition.246540/

Weird... I honestly don't know... Maybe a different Darkwake setting can fix it. In the past, I've had to use Darkwake, Darkwake=0, and Darkwake=1 with this motherboard.
Hi Pastrychef -- I've just posted a summary of the install method I used to get a 10.13.3 system that has no apparent problems, certainly not the Nvidia driver problems many seem to be having. Quite a different approach, but it worked for me.
A Very Successful High Sierra build - Asus VIII Gene i5-7600k - GTX 1050

The biggest difference I see with your EFI is that you don't have the FakeSMC sensors. Perhaps that's the cause of the lags?
Interesting. I’ll install them tomorrow and see what happens.

Interesting. I’ll install them tomorrow and see what happens.
OK, couldn't wait. I installed all the FakeSMC sensors from RehabMan's 2017-1017 file, and no perceptible lags in Safari, Word, file opens in Google Backup and Sync or Microsoft OneDrive. When I was having them before in 10.12.6, they were happening in Finder, Safari, just about every app.

EtreCheck -- the worst thing it finds is that my scanner software is 32 bit. Performance excellent.

I've looked through Clover Configurator's graphical pages, and I don't see anything different. I wonder if any of the kexts I haven't normally had have any influence. Anyway, I'll be keeping a close eye on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back