Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

ok I did all that. now, open core starts with nice UI when I only had basic list at first.
But now, none of Mac partitions are detected and I only have 2 windows partition available in boot menu

Also I am trying to upgrade from Mojave so would that make a difference ?

ok I did all that. now, open core starts with nice UI when I only had basic list at first.
But now, none of Mac partitions are detected and I only have 2 windows partition available in boot menu

Also I am trying to upgrade from Mojave so would that make a difference ?

Do you even see the USB installer?

Was your drive formatted as APFS?

I have 2 nvme drives and 1 sata drive all formated NTFS, the usb sticks are formated Mac os Journaled .

What I don't understand is why my internal EFi was wipped away when I used OC from external thumbdrives.

Should the usb sticks formated as APFS as well ?

I have 2 nvme drives and 1 sata drive all formated NTFS, the usb sticks are formated Mac os Journaled .

What I don't understand is why my internal EFi was wipped away when I used OC from external thumbdrives.

Should the usb sticks formated as APFS as well ?

OpenCore doesn't wipe away other EFIs. The only way other EFIs can get wiped is if you do it.

No, when you create your USB macOS installer, it should be formatted as HFS+/GUID.

ok so all was fine. if I mount my usual partions, EFI are definitely there .

Why would your OC EFI would not detect my Mac os partition ? should I change pcie config or ACPI and such ?

Also, my usual EFI are not appearing in Bios boot as it used to. what could cause this ? I did'nt change any Bios settings or anything

Disable SIP in config.plist.

View attachment 473836

Or, save yourself a lot of headache and just get the BOOTX64.efi and CLOVERX64.efi files from my EFI folders in post #1 and replace the ones in your current EFI folder.
Hey @pastrychef, i tried to update my clover from 5117 to 5126 with the way You said (it has worked before). But now when i copy BOOTX64.efi and CLOVERX64.efi files from Your EFI folders i get only apple logo and no loading bar. Also tried update virtualsmc, lilu and whatevergreen. Same result. Any ideas ?

Thanks!
PK

Hey @pastrychef, i tried to update my clover from 5117 to 5126 with the way You said (it has worked before). But now when i copy BOOTX64.efi and CLOVERX64.efi files from Your EFI folders i get only apple logo and no loading bar. Also tried update virtualsmc, lilu and whatevergreen. Same result. Any ideas ?

Thanks!
PK

Clover r5126 has a lot of changes. Use the config.plist from my EFI and copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID to it.

ok so all was fine. if I mount my usual partions, EFI are definitely there .

Why would your OC EFI would not detect my Mac os partition ? should I change pcie config or ACPI and such ?

Also, my usual EFI are not appearing in Bios boot as it used to. what could cause this ? I did'nt change any Bios settings or anything

Try going to config.plist > DeviceProperties > Add and delete everything there except PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3).

didn't change anything... doesn't see any Mac OS volume only windows still

Make sure you have HFSPlus.efi in /EFI/OC/Drivers/.

Make sure you have config.plist > UEFI > Drivers > HFSPlus.efi.

Back