Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks for advice. I did so but still both front USB-3 ports not working (but using Clover - all good). I attached my config.plist OC EFI folder with anonymised platform info. Can you please take a look if there is something obviously wrong set? Thanks a lot.

I don't see any problems. I don't know why your USB ports are not working? Have you double check the connection to the motherboard? What case are you using?

I don't see any problems. I don't know why your USB ports are not working? Have you double check the connection to the motherboard? What case are you using?
Thank you.
Case is Jonsbo UMX3 Micro-ATX: https://www.jonsbo.com/en/products/umx3black.html
I did not double check the connection to mobo yet as the port are ok when I boot with clover (but will check anyway).
When boot via OC front USB-2 ports working but not USB-3.
When boot via Clover front USB-3 ports working but not USB-2 as expected.
The only difference is that the mobo is ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING without Wi-Fi AC & I use Pcie with BCM94360C2 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card (working with OC & Clover).
Graphics added: Radeon RX 480 8GB.

Last edited:
Thank you.
Case is Jonsbo UMX3 Micro-ATX: https://www.jonsbo.com/en/products/umx3black.html
I did not double check the connection to mobo yet as the port are ok when I boot with clover (but will check anyway).
When boot via OC front USB-2 ports working but not USB-3.
When boot via Clover front USB-3 ports working but not USB-2 as expected.
The only difference is that the mobo is ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING without Wi-Fi AC & I use Pcie with BCM94360C2 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card (working with OC & Clover).
Graphics added: Radeon RX 480 8GB.

That's weird... Maybe it's best to re-do your USB ports and make a kext.

That's weird... Maybe it's best to re-do your USB ports and make a kext.

Thanks.
Now front USB 3 works as expected after update USBinjectAll from 0.71 to 0.75.
Unfortunatelly when using USBinjectAll 0.75 then BT card is not registered by system.
But BT works with USBinjectAll 0.71 (where SSDT are not loaded well with OC).

It points me to build USB ports.kext from your existing "Strix Z370G USB ports.dsl" (or aml ?). Please is that possible to do in easy way? Thank you.

Attachments

• Strix Z370G USB ports.dsl
    5.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Thanks.
Now front USB 3 works as expected after update USBinjectAll from 0.71 to 0.75.
Unfortunatelly when using USBinjectAll 0.75 then BT card is not registered by system.
But BT works with USBinjectAll 0.71 (where SSDT are not loaded well with OC).

It points me to build USB ports.kext from your existing "Strix Z370G USB ports.dsl" (or aml ?). Please is that possible to do in easy way? Thank you.

Follow the instructions in the guide. It's really easy. I have found that the kext works better for me than USBInjectAll.

Why does it say iMac late 2013 when I am running iMacPro1,1 ? Is there a way to change this?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-20 um 15.57.22.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-20 um 15.57.22.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 31
Why does it say iMac late 2013 when I am running iMacPro1,1 ? Is there a way to change this?

Which bootloader are you using? Clover or OpenCore?

Please post your config.plist.

You are mixing and matching SMBIOS info from different systems.
Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.09.47 AM.png

Start fresh by clicking the "up down arrow" button.
Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.12.01 AM.png

You are mixing and matching SMBIOS info from different systems.
View attachment 497357

Start fresh by clicking the "up down arrow" button.
View attachment 497358
But that’s just cosmetics, right? Or does it have any inpact on performance as well? So far everything runs very smooth... by the way, it also shows iMac late 2013 when I am booting with OC.

maybe it is the serial or smuuid? I have been using the same one since my first hackintosh.

Back