Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hey Pastrychef,

I have a system with similar specs, and I keep getting the userspace watchdog timeout KP. Not sure if you experienced that before. The system will freeze and get stuck and usually a hard reboot will only solve the problem.

Specs are
Asus Z370i Strix + 8700K
AsRock Vega 56 Reference
16GB Corsair LPX memory 3200
Dell DW1560 wifi card + USB Bluetooth dongle

iMac Pro 1.1 SMBIOS

I've tried updating to the latest BIOS and followed your config in the BIOS except disabling CSM as I run a single monitor. I'm not sure if it would be applicable to my system. I'm quite hesitant to try the EFI posted as when I compare, the booter seem to be a little different.

It currently works fine with everything running even continuity and airdrop. Shut down seems fine with no instant reboots

If you can, please help me look into the EFI and see if I should change the config.plist values to be similar to yours. I'm trying to run the system with a headless iGPU for rendering and processing together with my Vega 56
Not sure if your problem resolved yet or not. I have just gotten Big Sur running on my z370i successfully.

I am using OC 0.6.3. EFI is attached.

Attachments

• EFI_z370i_0.6.3.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
What didn't work? Where did it stop? Please boot in verbose mode and post a photo of where it stops.
If booting with OC I get that
IMG_20201117_091117.jpg
IMG_20201117_091126_1.jpg

If I boot from C5126 I get that (in attachments)

Now, I tried to restore my backup EFi to 5122 to last working state. Now my EFI doesn't appear anymore in boot option as it used to :( I have to use another EFI stored on another drive . the EFI partitions do not appear anymore either on main or cloned drive, even though I restored everything with clover configurator.

Attachments

• IMG_20201117_091233.jpg
    IMG_20201117_091233.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 27
Not sure if your problem resolved yet or not. I have just gotten Big Sur running on my z370i successfully.

I am using OC 0.6.3. EFI is attached.
I tried your EFI. I get the same security violation messages.
Also it had for effect to delete the last valid EFI from my last working drive.
I have few EFI backups on various USbs , SD cards etc so back again.

BUT, now trying to put back EFI working backups in my internal drives, none of them appear anymore in Bios Boot section. what could cause this ? o_O

I tried your EFI. I get the same security violation messages.
Also it had for effect to delete the last valid EFI from my last working drive.
I have few EFI backups on various USbs , SD cards etc so back again.

BUT, now trying to put back EFI working backups in my internal drives, none of them appear anymore in Bios Boot section. what could cause this ? o_O

On my OpenCore EFI, please set config.plist > Misc > Security > SecureBootModel > Disabled.

Thanks, what configurator are you using ? (please excuse my lack of knowledge)

OpenCore Configurator. Do not open OpenCore config.plist with Clover Configurator!

ok. I see your plist has enable jumpstart and hide verbose ticked but your illustration doesn't. should i set it as in your picture and untick those ?

Don't change the other settings. Just enable JumpstartHotPlug.

Back