Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Urgh, the monitor loses sync after logging in the FileVault screen. Weird. Some pages back I read about someone who disabled WhateverGreen successfully? Let me try with an HDMI cable...

EDIT: Works with an HDMI cable and WhateverGreen disabled. I'll report back and see if I still get those weird crashes.

Last edited:
Urgh, the monitor loses sync after logging in the FileVault screen. Weird. Some pages back I read about someone who disabled WhateverGreen successfully? Let me try with an HDMI cable...

EDIT: Works with an HDMI cable and WhateverGreen disabled. I'll report back and see if I still get those weird crashes.

Good to hear!

I just want to clarify my previous post. With the Hackintool method, you need to keep USBInjectAll if you are using the two aml files. You can delete USBInjectAll if you use the Hackintool created kext.
Thanks. I thought something was wonky...

what do you mean exactly?

iMac19,x system definition was not compatible with macOS 10.14.4 unless "-no_compat_check" boot argument was used, so I just decided to keep using iMac18,1 until the release of macOS 10.14.5.

iMac19,x system definition was not compatible with macOS 10.14.4 unless "-no_compat_check" boot argument was used, so I just decided to keep using iMac18,1 until the release of macOS 10.14.5.

Thank you! Now I'm still on iMac 18,3 too under 10.14.5 (updated MacOS just fine!). Can I safely modify the sysdef to 19,1 now?

But I put 0x1009 in CloverConfigurator: ->CPU->Type ... but I read also of 0x1005 for i9-9900K , which one is correct or the best?

Now in CloverConfigurator: ->Devices->Properties I removed everything about the HD630 because it's natively recognised, is that correct?
I still don't see anything else but my Vega64 in Graphics/Disaplys section of system report, this is because HD630 is headless, correct?

Thank you! Now I'm still on iMac 18,3 too under 10.14.5 (updated MacOS just fine!). Can I safely modify the sysdef to 19,1 now?

But I put 0x1009 in CloverConfigurator: ->CPU->Type ... but I read also of 0x1005 for i9-9900K , which one is correct or the best?

Now in CloverConfigurator: ->Devices->Properties I removed everything about the HD630 because it's natively recognised, is that correct?
I still don't see anything else but my Vega64 in Graphics/Disaplys section of system report, this is because HD630 is headless, correct?

Changing to iMac19,1 will require injecting of ig-platform-id to 3E980003 because it's being incorrectly recognized right now. I think it may be a small bug in Clover. Also, I had to remove WhateverGreen.kext for IGPU to work correctly with iMac19,1. These were the only two changes I needed to make. If you still want to go to iMac19,1 and need help with config.plist, please post yours and I can help you do it.

0x1005 is the correct one.

As stated above, in config.plist > Devices > Properties, we need to set ig-platform-id to 3E980003 since 10.14.5. This is only required for 9th gen CPU users. As far as I know, 8th gen IGPUs are being detected correctly.

Correct. You should not see the IGPU in System Information > Graphics/Displays.

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 10.24.57 AM.png

Last edited:
Hmmm.... my ig-platform-id is 0300913E, and my i9 rig seems to be running fine. What are the consequences of me not using 3E980003?

The important thing is to make sure that AppleIntelFramebufferController is loaded. If it is, you should be fine without having to make changes.

thanks. Hackintool 2.5.0 now says says my platform/framebuffer ID is 0x3E91003. The only checked flag is FBDisableFeatureIPS. (Previous version of Hackintool gave me the0300913E id...)

I do not see a by-name reference to "AppleIntelFramebufferController " using Hackintool or Clover Configurator. is it a kext? How would I know if I have it?

Back