Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Just FYI - after setting as suggested - the verbose was the same. I will now change BIOS 1802 and report back. Thanks

Updated bios- system started to load stopped with an icon of a circle with line in it. Here is the verbose of this- it looks like it might be something with the wifi card.

Attachments

• verbose-after-bios-update.jpg
    verbose-after-bios-update.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 52
Updated bios- system started to load stopped with an icon of a circle with line in it. Here is the verbose of this- it looks like it might be something with the wifi card.

Looks like something is wrong with Wi-Fi. Try disabling Wi-Fi from BIOS and try again.

Further still- sorry it is a bit blurry.

I see AppleNVMe Assert Failed and a message about wrong vendor ID

Attachments

• verbose-after-wifi-disable.jpg
    verbose-after-wifi-disable.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Further still- sorry it is a bit blurry.

1. Please plug your USB flash drive to your Mac.
  2. Mount the EFI partition.
  3. Navigate to /EFI /CLOVER/ and replace the config.plist with the one that's attached to this post.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.1 KB · Views: 65
Thanks- in the meantime I read some posts and decided to place my usb install drive on a red connector. I went much further - got to the install Mojave screen- however the only drive that shows up is the USB install drive- so I can not install the OS on the M2 or hard disk. I have been using the f8 select boot drive- I will try it without that and see if my other drives show up at the clover screen.

I will also update the config.plist as suggested above.

Thanks- in the meantime I read some posts and decided to place my usb install drive on a red connector. I went much further - got to the install Mojave screen- however the only drive that shows up is the USB install drive- so I can not install the OS on the M2 or hard disk. I have been using the f8 select boot drive- I will try it without that and see if my other drives show up at the clover screen.

I will also update the config.plist as suggested above.

Yes. The last picture you showed me had USB port limit errors. The config.plist I attached to my last post has the latest 15 port limit patch... That's why you progressed further on the red USB ports. They are not counted in the 15 port limit.

As for the system not seeing your M.2 drive, be sure to click on "Show all devices" in Disk Utility.
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 8.37.23 PM.png

The m.2 and the Seagate SATA show up in the BIOS- but they do not show up here.

Attachments

• mojave-install.jpg
    mojave-install.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 50
Back