Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi!
If i was to use a Z370i on Mojave 10.4.4, would it be unwise to just copy your EFI and change only the SSDT-USB.aml ?

It should work fine. Others have done it and everything worked. And, yes, you will need to address the USB 15 port limit separately.

This is why I do not include the SSDT-USB.aml in the EFI folders.

Did you change the system definition to iMac18,3 in config.plist?

Are you running macOS 10.14.4 (18E226) or (18E2034)?

You can try adding "-no_compat_check" boot argument in config.plist.
View attachment 399270

I set the definition to iMac18,3, so that wouldn't be the issue. Looks like I'm running 10.14.4 (18E226).

I added the boot argument "-no_compat_check" and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Some observations of using iMac19,1 system definition with macOS 10.14.4 (18E2034):
  • 9th gen IGPU is now correctly detected and used without the need to spoof 8th gen IGPU.
  • My i9-9900K IGPU is detected as device-id=3E980000 and ig-platform-id= 3E910003.
  • iTunes DRM working.
  • When Wi-Fi is enabled, the system seems to do a darkwake every few minutes. With Wi-Fi disabled, system stays asleep.
  • Wake on demand is working again. (i.e.: I can access shared folders or do screen sharing from this system even when it's asleep.) Previously, I had to send magic packets manually to wake the system first.
  • According to iStat Menus, idle CPU frequency is now 1.3GHz. Previously, it was 800MHz.

Where did you get the fan mounting bracket?
Ran Cinebench with the new fans. The temps never breached 35c, this meant that the GPU fans never came on since they only are activated at 48c, temp regularly gets to 52c with Cinebench (with just the GPU fans). Is this good?

Ran Cinebench with the new fans. The temps never breached 35c, this meant that the GPU fans never came on since they only are activated at 48c, temp regularly gets to 52c with Cinebench (with just the GPU fans). Is this good?

52C is nothing to worry about.

Help!

In updating to Mojave 10.14.4 from 10.14.3, something went wrong and the update hung. I hard-restarted and tried to complete the update, but am getting the attached screen.

Managed to boot using my USB backup (10.14.3, works fine). Updated config.plist - modified Product Name to 18,3, reverted the 3 serial numbers, added the -no_compat_check flag; but on reboot it is still giving me the offending screen.
(FYI - if I de-select the “InjectIntel” in Clover startup options, I get the same bad screen but the apple is blue)

Any advice? Seems clear the issue is something to do with graphics (i am using on-board Intel 630) - but what, I can’t tell or fix.

Checking the disks in Terminal from the USB drive i see an unnamed disk0 that has an EFI folder, but there is also a disk1 which is “synthesized” and contains my Macintosh HD boot drive and a Preboot partition, but no EFI folder. All this looks new to me, I don’t recall seeing it in High Sierra (but admittedly am in over my head anyway).

Not sure if the disk0 EFI folder is the one to be updated, but thats the one I edited...

Thanks!
Art

Attachments

• 0E60EA66-3858-4D16-9AE1-E1EB0A6167B4.jpeg
    0E60EA66-3858-4D16-9AE1-E1EB0A6167B4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Help!

In updating to Mojave 10.14.4 from 10.14.3, something went wrong and the update hung. I hard-restarted and tried to complete the update, but am getting the attached screen.

Managed to boot using my USB backup (10.14.3, works fine). Updated config.plist - modified Product Name to 18,3, reverted the 3 serial numbers, added the -no_compat_check flag; but on reboot it is still giving me the offending screen.
(FYI - if I de-select the “InjectIntel” in Clover startup options, I get the same bad screen but the apple is blue)

Any advice? Seems clear the issue is something to do with graphics (i am using on-board Intel 630) - but what, I can’t tell or fix.

Checking the disks in Terminal from the USB drive i see an unnamed disk0 that has an EFI folder, but there is also a disk1 which is “synthesized” and contains my Macintosh HD boot drive and a Preboot partition, but no EFI folder.

Not sure if the disk0 EFI folder is the one to be updated, but thats the one I edited...

Thanks!
Art

If you are using IGPU only, use iMac18,1 system definition.

Also, please post your config.plist so I can have a look.

If you are using IGPU only, use iMac18,1 system definition.

Also, please post your config.plist so I can have a look.
Here you go - thanks much!
I reverted the systemt definition to iMac18,1 + also cleared the field in /Graphics/ig-platform-id as I saw you advise someone else to.
Going to restart now and try this config.plist (takes me about 45 min to boot and do anything using the USB stick, going to switch to an SSD backup for future!)

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 173
Back