Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

What's their explanation for not honoring it? As far as I know, every hard drive comes with at least a 12 month warranty.

You can try complaining to credit card company that they won't honor the warranty and try to get the charges reversed.
Going around the block with Amazon "supervisor" over and over again. I guess they hope I will give up

Going around the block with Amazon "supervisor" over and over again. I guess they hope I will give up

Not that this is much help never buy Seagate drives there customer service is trash and has always been trash. Some credit card companies will help but most will not. I buy everything on my AMEX because those guys will go to batt for you every time... Any time AMEX can not pay someone they are like Score! When Maxtor and seagate became one seagate became the doodoo! Stay stay away. WD has always done me right even with out of date warrantees and they cross ship if you give them a CC to hold.

also was it sold and shipped by Amazon or someone else?

Amazon says that the purchase is past the return date. Seagate says the drive was out of warrantee 10/23/2018. The drive came with a 2 year warrantee

It sounds like Amazon sold you very old stock.

Amazon says that the purchase is past the return date. Seagate says the drive was out of warrantee 10/23/2018. The drive came with a 2 year warrantee
It sounds like Amazon sold you very old stock.
after going around the Looney Tunes track with a “Chat Supervisor” I received a call from an actual not brain damaged human. She refunded the money within 30 seconds of the start of the conversation. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Hey Pastrychef,

I'm still running the Asus ROG Strix Z370-G with an 8700K. Will your new EFI folders still work for that setup?

I'm currently running 10.14.3, and I'm thinking about updating to 10.14.4 and using your EFI r5.0

Hey Pastrychef,

I'm still running the Asus ROG Strix Z370-G with an 8700K. Will your new EFI folders still work for that setup?

I'm currently running 10.14.3, and I'm thinking about updating to 10.14.4 and using your EFI r5.0

Yes, r5.0b will work fine. Just open the config.plist with Clover Configurator and change the system definition to iMac18,3 and copy/paste your old Serial, Board Serial, and UUID to it.

Thanks for the tip. I followed your instructions and I was able to update the computer to 10.14.4.

I'm running into an issue though; when I use the r5.0 UEFI, and boot the Macintosh Hd from there, I immediately get the circle with cross/cancel sign.

The only way I can get in right now, is if I launch the UEFI from the current UniBeast build, boot the Mac HD from there, and then everything loads just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the tip. I followed your instructions and I was able to update the computer to 10.14.4.

I'm running into an issue though; when I use the r5.0 UEFI, and boot the Macintosh Hd from there, I immediately get the circle with cross/cancel sign.

The only way I can get in right now, is if I launch the UEFI from the current UniBeast build, boot the Mac HD from there, and then everything loads just fine.

Any ideas?

Please boot in verbose mode, take a picture of the kernel panic, and post here.

here you go

Attachments

• IMG_8406.jpeg
    IMG_8406.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
here you go

Did you change the system definition to iMac18,3 in config.plist?

Are you running macOS 10.14.4 (18E226) or (18E2034)?

You can try adding "-no_compat_check" boot argument in config.plist.
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.48.11 PM.png

Back