Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

When you installed your BCM94360CS2 to M.2 adaptor, did you use the plastic screw?

em....

My problem is when I use new EFI, I cannnot enable bluetooth. If I use the last version, there is no problem with bluetooth.

And I'm using the "IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter".

Yeah my logitech bluetooth k811 keyboard works and I havent try out the AirDrop. But it show AirDrop.

If your Bluetooth keyboard can connect and AirDrop is available, I have to assume that it's an issue with the mouse. Is there any reset button on the mouse?

em....

My problem is when I use new EFI, I cannnot enable bluetooth. If I use the last version, there is no problem with bluetooth.

And I'm using the "IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter".

Oops. I thought you were using M.2 for Bluetooth.

Is the on board Bluetooth disabled in BIOS? What do you see in the USB section of System Information?

Building my new system based on this build and a vanilla install. I initially tested all my gear using an older z270/i7-7700k MB I already had. That worked so well I'm now rebuilding with a new MB and CPU (Gigabyte Aorus z370 + i7-8700k) that is closer to this build. Since I will also be using the same GPU - MSI Vega 56 - I'm starting to wonder if I should be using the iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS setting in Clover Config rather than the iMac 18,3 I used in testing the z270 board. I haven't been able to figure out how changing the SMBIOS machine type impacts the install and/or performance. But since my new CPU is 6 core and I'm using a Vega, this build seems closer to an iMac Pro than a regular iMac. Can someone help me understand best practices here and what the differences are between these two SMBIOS settings?

Building my new system based on this build and a vanilla install. I initially tested all my gear using an older z270/i7-7700k MB I already had. That worked so well I'm now rebuilding with a new MB and CPU (Gigabyte Aorus z370 + i7-8700k) that is closer to this build. Since I will also be using the same GPU - MSI Vega 56 - I'm starting to wonder if I should be using the iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS setting in Clover Config rather than the iMac 18,3 I used in testing the z270 board. I haven't been able to figure out how changing the SMBIOS machine type impacts the install and/or performance. But since my new CPU is 6 core and I'm using a Vega, this build seems closer to an iMac Pro than a regular iMac. Can someone help me understand best practices here and what the differences are between these two SMBIOS settings?

I've tried both iMac18,3 and iMacPro1,1. I couldn't discern any performance difference between the two. I went back to iMac18,3 because the i7-8700K is not a Xeon and I have IGPU.

Oops. I thought you were using M.2 for Bluetooth.

Is the on board Bluetooth disabled in BIOS? What do you see in the USB section of System Information?

Thank you. I disabled the bluetooth controller and the bluetooth is working now.

I just wonder why i don't need to disable the onboard bluetooth when I was using the last version of the EFI?

Thank you. I disabled the bluetooth controller and the bluetooth is working now.

I just wonder why i don't need to disable the onboard bluetooth when I was using the last version of the EFI?

I don't know.

Back