Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef, I see that you've changed the boot args, but is there still a need for the shikigva argument? I find Intel QSV still works without that argument. I am using 8700K (so UHD 630) + 1080 Ti. Nevertheless, I suppose there is no harm to using the argument.

I was unsure so I left it in there. My thinking was the same as yours, leaving it in there should not cause any harm.

I think your name is the cause of all your problem, naming yourself Chaos invites Chaos into your life and space. But just the same I took an exteral clone drive and plugged it into my GF computer "Asus Strix z370 I5" with my vega card and with EFI 4.2. with Mojave sleep worked and it stayed asleep for 2/hrs while I went to dinner figured that was a good enough test and it woke up fine. However, I did-not enable IGPU.
I don't have iGPU enabled either, just disabled it in BIOS.
@pastrychef Tested the 4.2 EFI version and unfortunately it also doesn't work with two Dell U2718P 4k monitors using DisplayPort to DisplayPort cables. I'll test DP-to-mDP next but I am running out of ideas.

I don't have iGPU enabled either, just disabled it in BIOS.
@pastrychef Tested the 4.2 EFI version and unfortunately it also doesn't work with two Dell U2718P 4k monitors using DisplayPort to DisplayPort cables. I'll test DP-to-mDP next but I am running out of ideas.
I guess I should have said I tested it with 2 4k Samsung monitors using DP to DP.

@pastrychef The 4.2 EFI was supposed to be the latest Clover version but it seems to be 4428 instead? Isn't that a mistake? Also, why doesn't it include SSTD-USB.aml by default?

Damnit! :banghead: You're right. Sorry about that. Fixed now.

@pastrychef Wow, it works. I've changed the cables to be DP-to-mDP on both monitors and sleep/wake works flawlessly on 980ti. That's just creepy. I'll test the Vega 56 later and will report the results. I'll also report if the mouse stutter is there or not.

Please, see my latest EFI attached. I tried to modify uia_exclude but it didn't change anything. I've also tested sleep/wake with two GPU's (980ti and Vega 56) and it behaves exactly the same way. I have recently changed the motherboard to non-wifi version, so it can't be its fault either.

I looked and looked and looked and honestly can't find any major flaw in your EFI folder. I made some updates but nothing drastic enough to cause major impact.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.6 MB · Views: 162
@pastrychef Wow, it works. I've changed the cables to be DP-to-mDP on both monitors and sleep/wake works flawlessly on 980ti. That's just creepy. I'll test the Vega 56 later and will report the results. I'll also report if the mouse stutter is there or not.

Hallelujah!!! Please update after plugging in Vega.

Hi @pastrychef !
Thanks a lot for your awesome build! This is my first Hackintosh and you brought me through very flawlessly…
I am writing from that machine.
My only Problem is the BCM94360CS2… Where Bluetooth worked OOB, but Wifi did not from the beginning as I was on HS. After some turn off time, I restarted the Hack and wifi was working, but the signal was very poor because I used the original cables and couldn't attach the antennas to it…
So I ordered longer mh4 - pigtail cables to solve that Problem. After installing the new cables, I have the same Problem as in the beginnig, with working BT but no Wifi. It can't be turned on as it was the first time, but now it really persists.
SystemProfiler says it´s installed…
Now after the 4th istallation of MacOS, I am on Sierra now, I can´t get this working, also after shuting down and copying my SerialNrs.
I also followed https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ several times to get UIID and maybe fix that Problem, even I do not use imessage.
Maybe you can lead me to a solution. I would appreciate a lot.
THX for your awesome effort to this build.

Attachments

• WLAN System Profile.jpeg
    WLAN System Profile.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 102
Hi @pastrychef !
Thanks a lot for your awesome build! This is my first Hackintosh and you brought me through very flawlessly…
I am writing from that machine.
My only Problem is the BCM94360CS2… Where Bluetooth worked OOB, but Wifi did not from the beginning as I was on HS. After some turn off time, I restarted the Hack and wifi was working, but the signal was very poor because I used the original cables and couldn't attach the antennas to it…
So I ordered longer mh4 - pigtail cables to solve that Problem. After installing the new cables, I have the same Problem as in the beginnig, with working BT but no Wifi. It can't be turned on as it was the first time, but now it really persists.
SystemProfiler says it´s installed…
Now after the 4th istallation of MacOS, I am on Sierra now, I can´t get this working, also after shuting down and copying my SerialNrs.
I also followed https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ several times to get UIID and maybe fix that Problem, even I do not use imessage.
Maybe you can lead me to a solution. I would appreciate a lot.
THX for your awesome effort to this build.

This sounds exactly like the problem @NelsonPJ was having. Please see post #2696 on what fixed it for him.

Last edited:
Back